First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Drawing blended drop shadows quickly
Hi, I'm working on a usercontrol that is basically a bunch of different sized boxes (sometimes more than 30 on screen at once). I'd like those boxes to have an alphablended dropshadow effect but the code I've been using to draw (using SetPixel) the shadows is to slow when the whole control has to be drawn at onc... 16 May 2010 08:06
Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities - Alternative?
Has anyone considered the notion of using a technology like Osiris as a replacement? http://osiris.kodeware.net/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osiris_(Serverless_Portal_System) Osiris is an engine that makes possible to build anarchic forums and portals where members directly choose rules and conventions... 9 May 2010 14:20
Question about installing VB6 service pack 6
Due to a virus getting into one of my computers I had to re-format my drive and start all over (fortunately, I have things pretty well backed up). I've just installed VB6 (I have the original CDs) and now I want to install Service Pack 6. My question is: do I need to install SP-5 first? ... 9 May 2010 04:38
DLL Properties
How do I get my VB6 to access a DLL's properties. Specifically, the file version number. The dll is referenced only in a Declare if that matters. That is, it is not registerable. It is in the System32 folder and my app can access the entry points. ... 8 May 2010 12:20
Help with right click context menu
I have the following code to set a right click context menu in explorer that my program will respond to. Everything works fine, except if I right click on an .exe file and then left click on the context menu for my program. I get a message from Windows asking if I want to run the program and I have the option t... 9 May 2010 19:49
Using Outlook Object Lib while Outlook is running
Running VB6 on Win7 x64. Is there a way of getting my vb6 app to be able to use the outlook 11 object lib while outlook 2003 is running? Set olk = New Outlook.Application works fine when outlook is not running on my machine, but when I have Outlook 2003 running, I get "ActiveX component can't create obj... 14 May 2010 13:56
Site for some reason, and forbidden
Site for some reason, and forbidden http://downfree.zymichost.com/free ... 7 May 2010 05:39
Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in for... 26 May 2010 21:23
Changing Form's BorderStyle property at run time but before form is loaded
Hello, Is there any workaround to change the form's BorderStyle property before the form is loaded? I need to change it from None to Fixed Single depending on user's preferences. That form is not the main form of the project. Your thoughts appreciated, Claire ... 6 May 2010 20:58
monitor if computer is in idle
Hi All, Is there an API in VB6 that can know if your computer is idle for more than say 30 miutes, It means to say the operator did not hit the keyboard or move the mouse for some time. My main purpose of this is I made a Sign In/Out from there office computer. But many of us forget to sign out in the afte... 13 May 2010 09:23