First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
additional role services . . .
Hi I just discovered, that I have no DNS Role in Windows Server 2008 Web Edition. On the Role dialog you can see: "additional role services can be added from the Roles home page" Does that mean, that I can download DNS Role for W2k8 Web Edition? .. . .I could not find the site, does it exist? Thanks for ... 31 May 2010 05:27
Test
... 9 Jun 2010 02:06
Upgrading from server 2000 to server 2008R2?
We would like to upgrade our servers to Windows server 2008 R2. Currently we have two Windows 2000 (SP 4) domain controllers, we want to replace the Forest Root Domain box with new hardware & upgrade the other DC to server 2008 R2. I understand it's not possible to upgrade from 2000 straight to 2008 but is s... 1 Jun 2010 05:25
SCHTask.exe returns "Failed to start" from SVR 2008
Hi, We have a number of 2003 servers which run lots of scheduled tasks around the clock. We also have some 2008 servers which do the same. We use SCHTask.exe from the 2008 servers, to query the scheduled tasks on the 2003 servers, and then look through the output of this query for errors, which is then used e... 31 May 2010 04:23
Helpdsk procedure and SW
Hi, We have 200 user in our company and want to implement any helpdesk SW to reduce impact on currently procedure and people's. Actually, we're using simply e-mail address for raising helpdesk incidents without any documentation, escalation procedures, priority, .... etc I found on the Internet few interest... 23 Jun 2010 00:51
restrict timing that clients can download updates from wsus server
Hi all, i have installed wsus with sp2 on a windows 2003 server that is part of a domain. I am using AD GPO to enable automatic updates of my clients to download from my wsus server. As there will be 2 other site office that download updates from this server located in HQ, i wonder if its possible to limit the ... 27 May 2010 18:11
KMS and MAK select license type
call support yesterday and the phone round over the world still didn't get the answer. we are under select licensen recently we purchase 10 copy of the windows 2008 std license. should I use KMS or MAK prod key to activate, understand the KMS prod key onlu can use once only to acitivate ,for the remaing of ... 27 May 2010 18:11
How to configure windows 2008 as NTP server ?
how to configure windows 2008 server as NTP server and this server also act as NTP client will sync the time with external vendor's NTP server ... 5 Jun 2010 19:08
Copy Files through RDP
We have a user that RDP's to one of our servers. He needs to copy a file that is on the server to his computer. The file size is about 40 megs. It takes around 2 hours to copy this file to his computer. Is there a way to spend this up? ... 1 Jun 2010 11:59
Can COM Be Reinstalled?
Trying to get a stupid app to work (WhatsUp) so it can send e-mail alerts when Event Log stuff happens. Kept getting Access Denied error, did some testing with WMI test. Some article I ran across suggested changing the permissions inside Control Panel / Admin Tools / Component Services. I added myself in the... 1 Jun 2010 18:39