First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74
edmx connection string
I am working on a Silverlight Business Application. I need to change the connection string in code to use a specific user and password in Production. I don't want the password sitting in a web.config file. How can I do this? Thanks. ... 27 Mar 2010 16:33
Figuring out how to use a custom membership provider.
[Sorry, I meant to post this to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet. Follow-ups set.] Harlan Messinger wrote: My web application handles membership in different organizations. Based on the means by which a user has reached the login screen, the application has already determined which organization ... 22 Mar 2010 13:06
Repeating Data Queries
Hi All I am new to .Net and am battling with a very simple query. I am pulling an image path from a SQL database using SqlDataSource. I use the control once at the top of my page. I then repeat this query 3 times in my code using asp repeater with the DataSourceID pointing to the same SqlDataSource. It all works... 22 Mar 2010 13:06
styling in a gridview
I have a gridview that has a column that changes color onmouseover. But, I need to have the row return back to the original color in the onmouseout. The rows alternate backgroundcolor. Here is the code (_RowDataBound) that is currently in play; e.Row.Cells[4].Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "thi... 22 Mar 2010 01:29
Advice Needed
http://www.jcdarts.co.uk/History.aspx As anyone who looks at the code for the above page will see the code is about 3700 line long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can split the code into several pages. I have had the idea of holding each year (or season) on a separate HTML pages each held in a... 23 Mar 2010 13:40
exam 70-536, is it about vb.net or c# or both?
hi My boss wants me to take the 70-536 certification exam. I see on the web that there are 2 versions of it. One with vb.net and another with c#. Thinks that is a bit strange. He assigned about 10 exams he wants me to complete, I see now that about 95% of the exams involve vb.net but it's C# we are using....... 22 Mar 2010 14:16
FormView change flag
Is there any way to know if a FormView (in edit mode) has had changes to textbox controls since the last postback? Thanks. -- David ... 21 Mar 2010 12:44
Adding Controls To The Visual Studio 2008 Toolbox
I have a control library that contains several controls that I want to add to the Visual Studio 2008 toolbox for use in Web Applications. I have done this before, so I know how to do it. However, when I attempt to do it this time it refuses to add one of the controls. The one control that does not get added inh... 22 Mar 2010 11:53
Rest Collection WCF Service failure
I have created a new Rest Service based on the Rest Starter Kit. When I run it in a hosted environment it fails with: IIS specified authentication schemes 'IntegratedWindowsAuthentication, Anonymous', but the binding only supports specification of exactly one authentication scheme. Valid authentication schem... 20 Mar 2010 13:13
Difference between Ajax Enabled WCF service and regular WCF?
I'm sort of new to WCF and I was wondering the difference between Ajax Enabled WCF service and regular WCF? You're adding, and don't have an interface class. When do you want to use each one? What do the following lines give you below, vs a regular WCF service? [ServiceContract(Namespace = "")] [AspNetCompat... 19 Mar 2010 14:23