First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94
how to link selected value of a dropdownlist to right field?
Hi, i defined a dropdownlist in a detailsview but the values are provided programmatically. This works. The default mod of the detailsview is INSERT. My problem is that the selected value of the user is not inserted in the table. What i don't know is how to link the selected value to the right field? With... 5 Sep 2009 14:18
Error: Validation of viewstate MAC failed
Error: [Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.] I got this error intermittently and an 'iisreset' command can solve it temporarily... 3 Sep 2009 10:35
JScript.NET eval function in ASP.NET
Hi, We have to quickly port our legacy ASP code to ASP.NET and we know both of these technologies are totally different. But we still have to extensively make use of the Execute function because lot of business logic is punched in by the client himself. I have recently come to know it's not possible in C# or VB.... 7 Feb 2009 18:40
Accidently overwote souce with precompiled site
Hi, I accidently overwrote my sorucecode with a precompiled version of the site. Is it possible to restore all/some parts of it. I've managed to rescue some files, but I get a lot of problems with refrerence missing from the pages to the app_code. It strange because it's all the same site, I cant find where ... 29 Jan 2009 05:50
ASP.NET Compiler Behavior Affected by the Page Content?
I've been struggling with some issues relating to referencing child controls within a FormView. Another developer wrote an ASPX page that is compiling and working and in that code, he references child controls within a FormView **directly** as properties of the page object. The page is part of an ASP.NET Web ... 10 Dec 2008 22:54
The Web server does not appear to have FrontPage Server Extensions installed
Visual Studio 2008 Vista Ultimate IIS7 I built a website (C#/ASP.NET 3.5). I try to publish the website overwriting another website I had built in VS.net 2005 previously, pointing VS2008 to local IIS. It fails with that message. What am I doing wrong? Also if I point VS2008 to local file directory and ... 5 Dec 2008 02:08
Best DAL Generator?
I've been researching ORM/Tier/DAL code generators. What do you recommend? It seems that subsonic (free) and LLBLGen Pro (paid) are the most popular. Any suggestions? I would prefer that it works with MySQL as well as VB.NET. Also, being able to see/edit the generated code is a plus. ... 17 Sep 2008 10:23
Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file (IIS7)
On a Vista machine, the following code works using the ASP.NET Development Server, but fails in IIS7: book = excel.Workbooks.Open(tempfile, false, false, Missing.Value, Missing.Value, Missing.Value, Missing.Value, Missing.Value, In IIS7, the error is "Microsoft Office Excel cannot ac... 24 Jul 2008 11:52
Ajax Toolkit - My brain hurts
The following code is the code behind of a blank page (With a scriptmanager) on which I'm trying to simulate a problem I'm having elsewhere in a larger app. The app is supposed, in this case, to dynamically create a textbox and a MaskEditExtender and associate the 2 together. I'm obviously doing something w... 10 Jul 2008 15:29
Error: Subreport could not be shown
Dear All I made a Header Report and a Detail report, the detail report having a report parameter, the header report am refreshing with a value when we select a value from the drop down and refresh, how ever my detail report is not refreshing with the parent report, parent report refresh its data. so how... 2 Jun 2008 12:40