First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Question .... SATA hard drives, IDE emulation mode vs. AHCImode
Barry Watzman <WatzmanNOSPAM(a)neo.rr.com> writes: So the question: I'd really like the SATA ports operating in AHCI mode. How do I get there WITHOUT doing a total reinstall of Windows? I followed the instructions at http://expertester.wordpress.com/2008/07/27/how-to-enable-ahci-windows-xp/ However... I o... 10 Nov 2009 06:57
Question .... SATA hard drives, IDE emulation mode vs. AHCI mode
Ok, I have a Gigabyte GA-ex58-UDR3 motherboard, but actually I think that this question is pretty generic and would apply to almost any modern motherboard. I have a SATA hard drive, connected to a SATA port of the Intel ICH10R chipset [actually, I have two SATA hard drives, and two SATA optical drives]. The... 13 Nov 2009 13:15
Was;P5Q PRO TURBO hangs up on first window when booting or rebooting
>Hi all, Sometimes when I turn my P5Q PRO TURBO on or reboot it will hang up in the first window and the only way I can get it to continue booting up is to press the reset button. That particular window comes up twice in the rebooting sequence under a normal boot or reboot. Is there a remedy. Descriptio... 4 Nov 2009 09:40
Is ASUSTEK CUSL-LV REV 1.xx 48-bit LBA-Compliant?
Jimmy Roberts wrote: Does anyone know if the ASUSTEK CUSL-LV REV 1.xx mobo is 48-bit LBA- compliant? This utility can tell you: http://www.48bitlba.com/hdinfo.htm ... 1 Nov 2009 19:51
Heat from heatpipes probably damaged a memory chip.
Hello, Accoring to memtest86+ at least one of the memory chips in Skybuck's Dream PC from 2006 is damaged and has a bit error. It turns out the memory chip was *new* from corsair which means it was not touched by the plastic sticker tape incident. This probably means that the bit error could have been caused... 5 Nov 2009 23:24
Asus A33 DAV
i have Asus a33 running vista premium MCE. I get video over HDMI to my TV but no audio. when i try using analog RCA i get very low sound. In device manager i see that driver is installed. Any suggestions? Any body else experience same problem? Installing PCI sound card is an option? any suggestion on cheap sound ... 1 Nov 2009 08:52
B5B Deluxe / LAN / driver probs
After upgrading from XP Pro to Windows 7/32, I've been losing internet access either at startup or sometimes after an hour or so. A restart or sometimes two usually gets me connected. I installed the Marvell Miniport driver from the Asus site but still have the problem. I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware probl... 29 Oct 2009 12:01
Asus P5W GH Deluxe: latest SATA RAID Controller?
Hi, I'm sorry my inexperience. My PC has an Asus P5W GH Deluxe, and when I format my hardrive I always have to click on F6 to install the SATA RAID Controller from a floppy. Now I have to format again and I need to find new drivers. I have gone to Asus web site but I have seen very very old drivers. Can you tell ... 11 Oct 2009 17:05
Asus P5E Front Panel Audio connection
Hello, I have read your posts, and I tried, but doest work with my case. First of all the ADH front panel drives me crazy... because I never meet this situation I have the the connectors: - mic in - mic vcc - line r - line l - ear r - ear l - gnd I just want to make the headset work... I dont ... 28 Sep 2009 12:30
Maximum SATA drive size on P4V800D-X
hi all I'd like to swap out my aging 80GB PATA drive for a large SATA but I have no idea what the size limits are for this mobo. google hasen't been much help either do any of you know (I bet Paul does) BTW, yes i do know about the SATA2/VIA bug TIA Mick ... 19 Sep 2009 19:14