First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
How to test a SATA port
I have an M2N-E with the following disk config: SATA1 WD 250 SATA2 WD 250 SATA3 WD 500 SATA4 WD 500 SATA5 WD Raptor 74 SATA6 HP DV writer SATA 1 and 2 are RAID 1 array SATA 3 and 4 are RAID 1 array I am getting indications from the SYSTEM event log that the disk on SATA 4 is giving parity errors. Howe... 27 Jan 2010 09:12
eSATA - esp. M2N-SLI Deluxe
Hi Got an M2N-SLI Deluxe, running WinXPP SP3, 32 bit. Bought a Kingwin EZD-2535 external HD dock, with USB and eSATA cable connection options. USB works fine, nothing with eSATA. Does anyone with an M2N-SLI Deluxe mobo have an eSATA based HD dock? If so, what brand & model? Both ASUS and Kingwin replaced ... 5 Feb 2010 01:45
IRQ Conflict with Wireless adapter and 56k modem?
I just got a new Linksys WMP600N wireless adapter for my old ASUS A8V motherboard. I am having issues trying to boot the computer now with both this adapter and my 56k modem (used for caller id software) at the same time. When both are plugged in, I can not get any action on my monitor or a beep from the comput... 25 Jan 2010 01:46
Help P5N-D with install O/S
I am having a problem with this board above, every time I try too install Windows 7 or Vista I get windows putting this error message "had to shut down install to prevent harm to your computer, this is what happens I install the operating system and then it reboots for first installation, then comes up that e... 24 Jan 2010 11:17
I think it must be the power supply
Paul wrote: Bill Anderson wrote: Paul wrote: Bill Anderson wrote: Question: Could a failing power supply have been causing the video card flakiness? And if so, does it make any sense to replace the current power supply with the PC Power and Cooling unit when it arrive... 27 Jan 2010 21:41
Vintage motherboard with SCSI HD & ATAPI CD drive
I wonder if any of you ever had a motherboard of 1999/2000 vintage with SCSI hard drives and later added ATAPI CD-ROM drive that you could boot from. I have one that will run the CD-ROM drive fine once the PC is booted, but won't boot from it. ... 18 Jan 2010 15:22
Asus Software
I'm sure you guys know about these, but maybe the lurkers don't. I couldn't or at least didn't find these on the Asus site! Asus Probe II http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/ASUS-PC-Probe.shtml This one works fine on XP. Easy to install. Does this work on non-Asus motherboards? It really wor... 15 Jan 2010 23:48
Maximus Formula III Video card goes to sleep
I have a Maximus Formula III with a Gigabyte GV-N98TSL-1GI 9800GT video card and Windows 7 Ultimate. I cannot prevent the the display from going to sleep. When I first set the computer up, it would hibernate (everything shut down) and the settings to never sleep or hibernate would not stick in Windows 7. T... 15 Jan 2010 09:19
ASUS AI Direct Link
I found this same thing tryin' my best to run Windose 7 & used Add/Remove Programs to remove it. :cool: ... 13 Jan 2010 17:43
2Gb kit with a 4gb kit?
Is it possible to just add a 4gb RAM kit (2 x 2GB) to an existing 2GB kit (2 x 1GB)? My bro-in-law tried it with an Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus and the board wouldn't post. I think he had them both in dual channel mode. What if they are put in as Slot 1 to 4 as 1gb|1gb 2gb|2gb? Thought? J -- Jethro[AGHL] ak... 8 Jan 2010 09:21