First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92
COUNTIFS equivalent in Excel 2003 - both criteria have text, one has "wildcard"
Hi all, I am trying to find a way to write the following formula in Excel 2003. I have tried SUMPRODUCT but it does not seem to work when both criteria have text values. I tried COUNTIF & COUNTIF but I think the wildcard * is throwing off the result. =COUNTIFS('Cycle 1'!$B$14:$B$1069, "Auto*", 'Cycle 1'!$... 19 Apr 2010 22:58
how do I drag and fill hyperlinks?
I have a master lists of document names that I'm trying to hyperlink sections to different sheets in the same workbook. I can't seem to figure out how to drag and fill the hyperlink in a section of the column of the mastersheet, and sequentially fill down (=sheet2!A5) to (=sheet2!A6)...and so on...linking to s... 20 Apr 2010 09:18
Data Encryption
Is there a way to anonymize say a column of employee numbers in Excel? I want it done in such a way that for each year of data the number is encrypted the same way so i can use the encrypted value to look up data for that employee without knowing who the person is? Thanks for any assistance you can provide. ... 20 Apr 2010 09:18
COUNTIF Function
I am trying to use the countif function by rows and it is not calculationg correctly. I try to drag the formula down and it just repeats the same value as the origin cell. Is there some type of malfunction with tis function? ... 19 Apr 2010 16:46
Custom Functions Available for all Workbooks
I have created some customized functions no the PERSONAL.XLSB file but I cannot use them in any other workbook i use. I have plenty macros on this PERSONAL file and they all work well everywhere, but i dont see to find how to make the functions work in the same way. Is it possible to do this? Thank you. ... 19 Apr 2010 17:48
Pivot table to calculate variance showing budget and actual.
Hi, I know this is rather simple, but I just could not get it right. I have this data: Expenese Type Amt Scenario Staff cost 200 Budget Admin cost 75 Budget Office rent 5000 Budget Staff cost 100 Actual Admin cost 45 Actual Off... 22 Apr 2010 01:01
Text from Referenced cell truncated
Good afternoon Everyone, my problem is that text from a referenced cell in a separate workbook is not showing up completely in a secondary workbook. I am aware of the 1024 characters, but on some of these cells, only 200 characters are showing and the rest of the data is not. If I have the origninal workbook op... 19 Apr 2010 14:41
formula similar to "countifs" function in excel 2007
I need a formula similar to the countifs function offered in excel 2007. I'm using excel 2003 and can't upgrade to 2007. I want to add together cars at a particular location. The location names are in one column and the type of car is in another. In 2007, the formula would be =countifs(a2:a5,"new york", b2:... 19 Apr 2010 12:37
Help with formula
I am trying to solve the following equation for "X": Sorry, Discussion group formatting will not allow me to write in superscript! The last part is supposed to be "X" raised to the 1.33 power. ..28 = 128.25(X 1.33) ..28 = 128.25 times "X" raised to the 1.33 power Must have forgot most of my algebra! :-( ... 19 Apr 2010 13:39
Too Few Rows to copy sheet to another book
What is the deal with the error message that I have too few rows to copy/ move one of my worksheets to another worksheet using the right-click function? Is there a way to get around this or to resolve the problem? And to top it off, when I attempt to copy and past the data to another sheet, I receive an error m... 19 Apr 2010 13:39