First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Need help moving Sharepoint Portal & Content from Server A to
Thanks for the fast response. Did as you suggested. Deleted the new portal from Server B, and then delete the 3 databases. Did a restore and all seems good. Then half way through the process I get the error. "ERROR: Exception of type Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.Insatll.DuplicateDirectoryException was thro... 6 Sep 2006 12:03
The SharePoint Portal Alert service did not send an e-mail message. The service will try to resend the message
Hi, There are a number of previous topics about Sharepoint Portal Server 2003 or WSS v2 stalking administrators with the following message: "The SharePoint Portal Alert service did not send an e-mail message. The service will try to resend the message" Has anyone ever found the cause of this message bein... 5 Sep 2006 07:09
SPS 2007 installation issue
Here is the same issue with the log included. Does anyone have a solution. I am deploying this in a test lab to evalute how we might user this. So far the server I have installed it on will make a nice door stop. Anyone from Microsoft out there???????????? It is tough to evaluate the new technology when you ca... 15 Sep 2006 07:40
stsadm -upgrade <= bye-bye, portals
Hi Following a sugestion in a MS blog to solve a issue i thought i had, i did the following: stsadm -o upgrade -forceupgrade Since then, all the sharepoint sites in the server are down, with the message : 'Invalid configuration database status (ExtendRequired)' I can see in the log that it doe... 29 Aug 2006 15:31
Using Sharepoint Services within the portal
hello, i just set up the portal for the first time. i created some areas and subareas. now i'd also like to add some teamsites. i'm obviously not understanding the concept of organising these teamsites within the portal. since i deleted all the defualt content from the portal i can't find the navigation to th... 28 Aug 2006 13:52
MOSS 2007 Strange errors during backup process
Using MOSS2007Beta2 install instructions from the MOSSDepoynment.doc except putting SSP service account into the WSS_Farm_Administrators windows group (bugfix for the unabling to make a shedule for crawling and MySite creating). The next problem appears during backup: I read backup manual from MS. It did not he... 24 Aug 2006 04:28
MOSS 2007 B2 Installation Fails
I'm installing MOSS 2007 Beta 2 on a Windows 2003 VPC (non-DC) and am getting the error (as shown in the log) listed below. The VPC has all the requirements (IIS, ASP.NET 2.0, WorkFlow, etc....). Looks to me like it has to do with MSXML so I installed MSXML 6.0 but still get this error. Thanks! Here's the... 25 Aug 2006 05:02
Setup problem...config.xml not valid
When I try to run the server12 (SharePoint 2007) installation, I get an error as soon as the setup.exe runs. The error reads: "The Setup configuration file files\setup\config.xml is not valid. Run Setup without using a Setup configuration file, or fix the configuration file." If I delet the config.xml file, the... 19 Aug 2006 22:46
Setup problem...config.xml not valid
When I try to run the server12 (SharePoint 2007) installation, I get an error as soon as the setup.exe runs. The error reads: "The Setup configuration file files\setup\config.xml is not valid. Run Setup without using a Setup configuration file, or fix the configuration file." If I delet the config.xml file, the... 19 Aug 2006 21:12
Error on email setting on SharePoint Server 2007
Hi, I am trying to enable incoming mail for lists in SharePoint 2007 beta 2. Installed SMTP on MOSS server configured SMTP to accept relay from exchange server set "Central administration > Operations > Active Directory settings for E-mail Web Service > Active Directory Container Object" to: OU=Share... 11 Aug 2006 05:06