First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Question About Tags Usage
Just upgraded from H&B 2007 to H&B 2010 and one of the new "features" is Tags. In the past, I've used sub-categories to split both business and personal entries between my wife and I. For example, I might have Consult_Income/wife and Clothing/wife. Since the categories themselves were tied to a tax schedul... 20 Apr 2010 21:52
Bulk delete transactions?
John Oliver wrote: I think I got my one-step update working. But my IRA account downloaded hundreds of transactions going back a couple of years, which has them sort of "starting in the middle"... just transactions appearing with no opening cash balance, etc. And they're all for funds I've gotten rid o... 20 Apr 2010 15:36
Trying to generate an I&E from Quicken Deluxe 2009
John Pollard write: -I have no problem seeing reinvested dividend income ( ("_DivInc") in -theQ2009 RPM R7 Income & Expense by Category report. - -You do realize that the Income & Expense reports default to excluding -investment accounts, right? - -I think that Q2009 had some problems with certain investment inc... 20 Apr 2010 15:36
Setting up 401K on paycheck & Tax Planning function. Q2010
I think I have the 401K deduction set up incorrectly. I download my Vanguard 401K transactions into my account "Company 401K". I am also posting the cash withheld from my paycheck for the 401K into the "Company 401K" account. I set the Vanguard purchases as financed by cash in the account. The "Company 401K" accou... 20 Apr 2010 15:36
Federal Tax Payments – What Tax Line?
I’ve underpaid my taxes throughout the year and paid the balance with the return; no W2’s involved all 1099R, 1099-INT, and 1099-DIV’s. I’m using Q2008HB and TT2009. What’s the proper tax line to use? I can’t find anything other than entries for “withholding”. I’m looking for a category that reflects taxes paid “af... 20 Apr 2010 15:36
Too many data files
I get the message "Quicken's most recently used files list can only show the first 50 files in this directory. You have too many data files to list them all". So how do I resolve this issue? Ralph ... 3 May 2010 22:01
Transfer of Schedule C assets from one business to another
My wife closed down her business, reincorporated then started a new business that was able to use most of the assets from the original business. I'm assuming that means a new schedule C but am wondering about the TurboTax mechanics of transferring assets from one schedule C to another. Some of the assets h... 17 Apr 2010 21:48
Updating investment / retirement accounts?
I have a Roth IRA and a 401(k), each with a different institution. IMO, I should be able to hit the "Update Transactions" button and have it suck in all of the details. Nope... for both, I have to go to the web site and manually download the transactions. Makes no sense. People at both institutions have made so... 20 Apr 2010 15:37
IRA shows as uncategorized income
I just rejiggered my IRA, and fixed everything up in Quicken. On the main Quicken page, under Accounts, everything looks exactly right. But on my Income vs. Expense graph, the Income bar went through the roof. Looking at the report, all of the money in my IRA shows up as Uncategorized income for this month. I ca... 16 Apr 2010 21:46
Ttax 2009 charity-can't enter data; Sked E problem
I had a large list of donations that I printed out as List A and wanted to reference this on line 16 in schedule A. I was unable to find any line that would accept any input or typing whatsoever. So I overrode line16 and entered the total there. I have my doubts about this move but I don't see any alternative. Thi... 20 Apr 2010 15:37