First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
No Duplicates for Full Name
I have 3 fields for Name. LastNm, FirstNm, and Middle Initial. How do I ensure the full name, i.e., "LastNm, FirstNm, MiddleInitial" combined are unique and not duplicated in the table? I thought I could index but not sure where/what to check for 'Unique' (e.g., on all three fields?) or if I need to use a pr... 7 May 2010 16:45
Please help! Designing database
I would like to be able to pull one word from the drop down box in a form or report and it pull up that person's information. Is this possible? ... 29 Apr 2010 18:05
Adding records with referential integrity
I have a few tables in my database, all 1 to 1 with the master table. I have a query that gather much of the data into one large datasheet.The problem is I cannot add records through this query. I get a message that I need a related record in the child table for it to work. Am I right in assuming I need to add... 4 May 2010 03:33
fone color in table
I want to highlight one row of a table and highlight that row, but when I do the font color change applies it to the whole table. Is there a way to highlight and change the font color of only the highlighted row? -- William''''s Pork www.williamspork.com ... 30 Apr 2010 01:52
Skydrive
This is probably a crazy question, but will ask it anyway. Is there a way to share an Access database via the web? Off the top of my head I am thinking of a situation where there might be a split database with the back-end stored in a Windows live skydrive folder restricted to certain users with the users hav... 4 May 2010 17:59
What are AutoNumber Dangers
I recently viewed a post that said "autonumber is fine as long as you dont display it to the user..." Everything in my database references autonumbers!! did i make a big mistake somewhere?? i am even marking parts with ID numbers that are generated by the autonumber field on a few of my tables... Should ... 30 Apr 2010 09:29
Auto populate field in table
I have an Access data base that has acumulated 7 years of HR info. We plan to moving this info to HR Application. The new application has a field called [EmpStat}. On my access data base I do not have a [EMPStat] field but I do have a [Termation date]. Because we have a lot of employees that have terminated it... 30 Apr 2010 09:29
data checking
I am using a simple form for the user to enter data into the main table. one of the fields available is "Box Number" and each of these boxes holds 16 items. i use a separate field "slot number" to designate where each item is stored in the box. is there a way to store the data when entering it into the form,... 27 Apr 2010 19:06
Junction Tables
I'm just curious if it makes sense to use junction tables in this instance: student - studentID, studentfirst, studentlast, gender, age (adult, teen, or child), lessonday, status (current or retired) address - addressID, address, city, province, postalcode phone- phoneid, phonenum, extension, phlocation ... 27 Apr 2010 15:40
Slow running reports
I'm running an Access based reporting application in two environments. The older, MS Access 2000 version has been running for years without issue. If I run the same report in both I get the timing results below. Please note that for this example the pass-through query runs in approximately the same time on bot... 27 Apr 2010 08:46