First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Access not enforcing referential integrity!!!
Howdy. Using Acc 2007. Have two tables related one-to-many. Ref. integrity being enforced, without any cascading updates or deletes. Data in both tables. Problem: I can add new records to the many-side table, without any value for the foreign key, and the new record is created without error or prompt from A... 16 Apr 2010 15:07
Vehicle Waiver Database
I need help in creating a solid table structure for tracking vehicle waivers. I posted this before, but I cannot find the related post. I will try to give as much detail as possible. Scenario: A vehicle maintenance shop needs to keep track of all items on a vehicle that will not be repaired due to cost ef... 15 Apr 2010 17:00
Using Lookup Query with Calculated Value in Table ComboBox
Hello all, This question takes a complicated setup, but I'll try to keep it brief. I have a database with a main table (tblMain) and a lookup table (tblLookup). tblMain has an integer field (LookupMe) that is related to the ID field in tblLookup. I set up LookupMe to use a ComboBox input display control tha... 23 Apr 2010 21:42
Do I have to set the primary key to include primary key fields
John, Thanks...actually I did originally define both fields as the primary key. Basically, what I have is an invoice table, an invoice-source junction table, and a source table. What I found was that when I added more than one source to an invoice, I would get the error message. As you suggested, I do ha... 14 Apr 2010 20:05
What to do with 1.5 million records...
So my company just bought another company and they send me a flat text file with 1.5 million records of customer name/orders/transactions etc - all in one huge txt file. Just for fun... I imported this into Access 2007 and you can view the single table, can't do anything with it, a simple parameter search on on... 17 Apr 2010 14:07
Fields not showing up in columns
I have a field titled PageNumber in a table that is not showing up in my columns, although it is checked in the design view and is not hidden. On the form view I have access to this field and it has all the entries, which would indicate that nothing has been accidentally deleted. What's happened, and how can ... 24 Apr 2010 20:33
Do I have to set the primary key to include primary key fields?
I have read that "in a junction table, you need to set the primary key to include the primary key fields from the other two tables. " If I do this, I keep getting the error message "the change you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, ... 13 Apr 2010 22:56
design and replication
I have about 100 websites. Each website has a couple mysql DB with a few tables in each. Each website pretty much is the same layout just with different content. In some of the tables there are various configuration data points for which some PHP scrips run against. What I want to do is design a MS Access 2007... 13 Apr 2010 19:37
sample database template
hi may i know if we are allowed to modify te sample northwind database and use it in our small usinesses ... 19 Apr 2010 07:25
Make Table v. Append to Table: Need Some Expert Design Inputs
I am working on updates to a couple related databases (not linked by any tables) and have a question about virtues of Make Table vs Append queries. Make Table: I understand that this will create a NEW table where ever it is pointed, so if that table already exists in the destination it wil... 13 Apr 2010 15:06