First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Proper Indexing of Table Fields
Correct me if I misunderstood, but I read that one should index fields that are used as criteria in queries. With this in mind, when one does a caculated field in a query using multiple table fields, this means I should index each of these as well? Ie: (oldValue - newValue)/oldValue As PercentDiff I shoul... 23 Mar 2010 16:00
Importing Tab Delimited Text File to an Existing Table in Access
These are .txt files, tab delimited. If I'm importing to an existing table, which I am, I get NO options for changing data types. Hitting the "Advanced" button only shows the fields to be imported with no data type associated. I had NO problem importing in any of the previous versions of Office. On... 22 Mar 2010 16:52
Multiple instances of product in one order.
For an example, I have been using MS Northwind example. One problem I have run into is adding the same item twice in an order. I am keeping track of time in my database. For instance, Project1 might be from 8:00AM to 12PM, then Project2 from 12PM to 3PM, then Project1 again from 3PM to 5PM. If you try to add ... 22 Mar 2010 23:02
2003 vs 2007 question
2003 Access Database z:\\Jones\HomeFiles\household.be z:\\Jones\household.fe Users A and B have full access to both files and all folders. User A is using Access 2003 User B is using Access 2007 User A can access and write. User B is unable to open the database. Is this a version issue or should I be... 22 Mar 2010 14:16
Any suggestions
I am fairly new to Access and am designing a new database. I retreive all of the data from various Excel worksheets. I have 5 tables that I will update from excel on a monthly basis then display the information in forms and reports. And, 1 tablet that I will add information directly into the database in a seper... 22 Mar 2010 14:16
create a database
Steve can you email me I really need a database created as well and will pay you the fee. Sheryl ... 22 Mar 2010 20:41
Getting a total in $
I have a table with a Gross Sales field and a Total Costs field, there is a third field called Net Sales. How can I create a function to take Gross Sales minus Total Costs to populate the Net Sales field? All three are set to currency. ... 21 Mar 2010 17:22
Split database info not showing up on forms.
I have a database that I want to share over my network (total of 9 computers on network). I split the database to have a FE and a BE. However, once split, when I go into the FE, the forms are completely blank. If I edit the forms, the fields all show up. However, when I go back to the normal view, I get a b... 21 Mar 2010 00:29
table / query design
Hello, I would like to ask advice on database / query design. I intend to create a salary calculator in Access 2007. In my plan there are different job positions and different salary categories for each job positions. For example job positions: boss assistant worker And there are salary categories: ... 22 Mar 2010 16:52
Beginner - 3 tables in 3 loops
Hi ! I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought I passed the first lessons) I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100 entries for a table) I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop. Like that: Year: 2000 2001 2002 ... 20 Mar 2010 21:05