First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
church member database
Hi All, I am also creating a church database. I was doing the same thing. Head of House table and dependant table. It was working fine but I read somewhere that for greater normalization of my database i might want to take another approach. Namely a complete member table and another table that has adresses ( which te... 4 May 2010 17:59
#Name?
i have a form based on a crosstab query that sums on threee possible types A, B or C. on the form the field for B shows #Name?, if B does not exist. this is ok but i need it to show 0, any suggestions? i tried playng with the query, but no luck there by adding a Type table. ... 4 May 2010 20:13
Referential Integrity Q
Is it Possible to change a common relationship between two tables to Force Referential Integrity after the data has been entered. I have two tables joined lie this, Models Table; ModelID (PK), PartsID (LI) Indexed-Yes (No Duplicates) Parts Table; PID (PK), PartsID (LI) Indexed-Yes (Duplicates OK) They are... 5 May 2010 07:08
Multiple subtables
Hello, Not sure how to approach this: We have an inventory database that has a variety of item types. Workstations and printers have quite a difference of data fields to be recorded. Should we store all items in one table and just not use the fields that do not pertain to those types or should we have a... 4 May 2010 13:28
Table Help
Hello Everyone, I know I have seen this problem before and that I have corrected it in the past, but for some reason I can't figure it out this time or find something similar online. The problem is simply, when I view a certain table one of its columns is completely filled in with "##########". The data is still... 4 May 2010 12:21
need good database structure for tracking counter state
Peter, hope i explain this well. i have a similar setup but for the "MachineCounter" table i have a finacial period. this period is essentially a month, but items can come be in/out in the period before or after but it still needs to be tracked in that period, so today i, may 5, i might recieve something f... 3 May 2010 18:44
Text Field Validation Rule for Date
Hi, I have a RESPONSE field on my table. This field is set up as a text field (I do not want to change it due to specific requirements)- however, I'd like to set up a validation rule to determine whether or not it is a valid date: mm/dd/yyyy. What should I input in the validation rule? Thanks ... 3 May 2010 19:51
Access 2007 FE/SQL 2005 BE - Fatal errors occurring
I have a database with a frontend that was built in Access 2000 and at the time we set it up with a SQL 2005 backend. Recently we upgraded to Access 2007. SQL however was not upgraded. Is there any known issues with the compatibility between these 2? We have been experiencing system shutdowns and fatal erro... 13 May 2010 13:50
Hyperlink field / Allowing Full Menu's
I have a hperlink field that I want users to be able to Add, Open ect on my form. It works until I uncheck the "Allow Full Menu" in the Access Options area. However, I don't want to leave this unchecked because it allows users to potentially get to design view and other areas but I also want user to have the full f... 3 May 2010 08:45
Access ID
Hi I have a database that was set up very quickly a few years ago, it is for recording the booking out of equipment to staff at a college. The database now has over 1500 records and I would like to change how it works as there is lots of duplicate data and I want to make data entry easier for the person who has ... 16 May 2010 09:11