First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Pre-failure spin-up time
My Thinkpad's SMARTD report is reporting changes to the Prefailure: Spin_Up_Time every so often. Its now set to 247. How worried should I be? -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | ... 29 Nov 2008 11:05
What happened to Xmms?
I recently decided to upgrade my desktop PC from Etch to Lenny and seem to have lost Xmms... There is now an Xmms2 but it seems to be 100's of plugins and is very confusing and xmms2 itself seems to be command-line - Now, I've no issues with that, but I have a GB of my own CDs ripped into ogg format and xmms used t... 4 Dec 2008 08:31
WORLD FAMOUS SCORES GENTELMENS CLUB HAS JUST GONE ONLINE! REAL LIVE STRIPPERS ON WEBCAM!
WORLD FAMOUS SCORES GENTELMENS CLUB HAS JUST GONE ONLINE! REAL LIVE STRIPPERS ON WEBCAM! SEE WHAT HOWARD STERN, MAXIM MAGAZINE, STUFF MAGAZINE, GQ, E- ETERTAINMENT, AND NY POST/PAGE 6 HAVE ALL BEEN TALKING ABOUT SCORES!! SCORES STRIP CLUB JUST LAUNCHED AN ONLINE 24 HOUR LIVE CHAT SITE!! GET A 1 ON 1 DANCES FRO... 29 Nov 2008 04:18
Asus EEeeee etc -- granny friendly?
Wotcher all, talk of the Asuses has got me wondering. Is the linux install fairly granny friendly? My mum's in her 60s and not particularly adept with computers (to put it mildly), I was thinking of getting a linux version of the Eeeeee and seeing if it's suitable for her, and if not, using it for myself. I get ... 3 Dec 2008 16:26
Rolling Gentoo
Ian Rawlings <news06(a)tarcus.org.uk> wrote: Mind you gentoo doesn't really go through releases, so I personally have two filesystems representing a basic non-X and a basic gnome gentoo install, and just copy them across the network to a new machine and up it comes. That is interesting. I am looking at a... 27 Nov 2008 15:45
Why is a Linux based eePC pricer than XP one at PC World?
Was thinking of buying a eePC 901 from PC World, but noticed that the Linux one is 40 quid more expensive than the XP one! Sure, you get a bigger "disk", but that still seems a little weird. Think the Linux one's will come down in price to match the XP ones soon? ... 28 Nov 2008 09:58
Enabling Wi-fi in Damn Small Linux
Hello there, I'm new to Linux. And I've just managed to install DSL to my old Toshiba Satellite (running on 64MB-RAM, Pentuim 3 466mhz) and I'm having a hell of a time trying to surf the net. Could some please help out! I've read many forums and yet I can't get it. I've copyed all the necessary win drivers an... 23 Nov 2008 23:29
Parsing ELF ... Done <REBOOT> (lenny 2.6.26-1-486)
Since upgrading to lenny I've got one (old pentium 60) that will not boot with kernel 2.6.26. It's booting fine with 2.6.18 from Etch. It gets as far as Parsing ELF... Done and then it reboots. I don't think it's even printing "now booting the kernel". Anyone got any ideas? Tim. -- God said, "div D = rh... 25 Nov 2008 19:45
tetex-unicode problem
I have had a problem updating my fc9 machine - I don't seem to be able to get files of the type "texlive-texmf..." because I get the error message that I need "tetex-uncode" although this is installed when I check! Any ideas? ... 28 Nov 2008 18:11
Chase credit cards HERE ALL
Chase Credit Cards & CreditCard Offers at CreditCardFlyers http://www.chasecreditcardsnews.50webs.com ... 22 Nov 2008 04:17