First  |  Prev |
Pages: 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Any free plugin to view BBC video clips?
Is there a plugin in Firefox (or any other linux's browser) that can view the BBC news video clips? As an example, if you go to http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6306903.stm .... on the BBC News bar, there is (usually) a clickable - The News in 2 minutes - button. I get an 'Additional plugins are r... 3 Feb 2007 16:27
Configuring deinterlacing in xine
How are you supposed to configure the deinterlacing method in xine? The existing option is marked deprecated and doesn't seem to do anything; I think it's using the most basic method which doesn't give good results. It tells you to use postprocessing options instead, but there are no postprocessing options for dein... 22 Jan 2007 16:41
Spamcop
It's probably wildly off topic this one... But there you go... I've been getting into some heated exchanges it would seem over on the Spamcop forums. You see, they're putting in place a "Mailhosts" system. I understand it's designed to see what mail servers are used in the relaying of mail to you. Now, Spam... 24 Nov 2006 19:33
Kernel panic error
Hi, Some while ago I persuaded a friend to try Linux (Kubuntu 6.06LTS) which has been going reasonable well apart from the learning curve & a few hardware annoyances. Until now. The machine in question started to mis-behave with random lockups etc which didn't seem to occur in windows at first but now the proble... 22 Nov 2006 09:37
Open source asm2c
Hi, Does anyone know if there is a FOSS equivalent to the commercial asm2c application? I have a small number of x86 assembler files that I need converting over to C (is convert the right word or would port be better?) and begrudge forking out for the a package I'll only ever use once. TTFN Paul -- "L... 30 Aug 2006 08:02
Xauthority lock timeout?
When I login to one specific user via ssh I'm getting the "Last Login" message as usual, but just recently its been followed by a long pause and the message: /usr/bin/xauth: timeout in locking authority file /home/website/.Xauthority Logging in to a different user via ssh doesn't show the pause but I do se... 18 Jul 2006 03:31
sshd known_hosts query
I'm thinking about setting up remote SSH access through a hole in my firewall and NAT router. I'm happy that I know what I'm doing when it comes to configuring the router so it forwards the port to the box running sshd. I've read the manpages and HOWTOs about this and looked at the open ssh web site. I thin... 22 Jan 2006 15:23
Network connection
I have set up a 2 PC home network using a Netgear DG632 router, and both PCs are able to connect to the LAN using Windows, but I haven't got it right for Linux yet. One of the PCs, which has dual boot of Win98SE and SuSE 8.2 / KDE, responds to ipconfig as : Windows 98 IP Configuration Host Name . . . . ... 2 Jan 2006 10:57
AddOn GWK140
Hi Folks, Has anyone had any luck with these cards? I am having some problems configuring an AddOn ADD-GWK140 Wireless card with SuSE 9.3 (And Ubuntu), the symptoms are however always the same, The card initialises fine, And it can be activated however no data is ever recieved. It sends with no toubles and a... 17 Aug 2005 15:10
Genesys GL816E USB2 card reader
Anyone managed to get the above working in linux? Genesys website says use usb-storage module. http://www.genesyslogic.com/econtents/product02.asp?minicidx=2&lastcidx=8&SN=38 Have loaded the usb-storage module, and this is what I get when I plug it in: usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using address 14 scsi8... 24 Feb 2005 10:40