First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
SELinux preventing game running ?
Centos 5.3 2.6.18-128.7.1 I'm trying to run a game called BrainTrain as su - If SELinux is set to "Permissive" the game runs OK using sh run.cmd If however SELinux is set to the usual default setting of "Enforcing", then I get the following response... ../BrainTrain: error while loading shared librar... 4 Sep 2009 05:27
ripping CDs
Have ubuntu 9.04 installed and wanted to rip approx 200 CDs to MP3. Any recommendations what to use that's fast, not CLI ie has a GUI, and produces decent quality files. I couldn't find Sound Juicer (google search recommended) in the repos and just tried using K3b which took 15 minutes to rip to ogg whereas, ... 30 Sep 2009 19:11
capturing audio en video with Xandros eee-pc
I'm still trying to find out the best way to record video and audio together with standard Xandros on my eee-pc. I recently started experimenting with ffmpeg and found out the recorded video is of very good quality. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to include audio recording with ffmpeg itself. I already tried ... 3 Sep 2009 07:57
Deleting Users
Linux newbie here. I installed Ubuntu on my wife's laptop and, like an idiot, I entered her account details first instead of setting up an overall admin account. After installing I created an admin account thinking that I'd be able to delete the original account and re-create it. It allowed me to delete the ... 3 Sep 2009 07:57
Looking for Wi-Fi
I am thinking of building an embedded system to control the heating of a building, and have identified the LPC2468-16 OEM Board from www.embeddedartists.com as a suitable Linux platform to host it (BTW, comments from those who have used those embeddedartists boards would be welcome). This board comes with built-in ... 25 Dec 2008 23:02
Spamassassin and Sendmail
"Dave {Reply Address in.Sig}" <"noone$$"@llondel.org> writes: I've had spamassassin (in its spamd form) and sendmail running happily for a while now, courtesy of the spamass-milter. However, I notice that it appears to do spam filtering before address validation, so it I do not think that is possible. Spa... 24 Dec 2008 18:19
Being a small-scale ISP
Dear All, For a research project I need to set up a PC which can a) Accept incoming phone calls through a modem, set up a PPP connection, and bridge across to a standard broadband connection through a router (ie being an ISP for one other computer) and b) run a web proxy which can convert all JPGs into GIFs ... 26 Dec 2008 05:32
Cheap Cigarettes online UK
Cheap Cigarettes online UK Free.Cigarettes-Cigars.com offers you the possibility to buy cigarettes and tobacco online for the lowest prices possible. All products are original and have the same quality and taste as the products you buy from your local tobacoshop. Smoke great tasting cigarettes and enjoy our duty f... 20 Dec 2008 17:01
Error message in Knode
Newbie to Knode - when I post a message I get this error: Unable to load/save configuration. Wrong permissions on home folder? You should close KNode now to avoid data loss. How do I correct that? ... 22 Dec 2008 12:21
Dual boot Linux and Vista [HDD dock?]
"Gordon" <gordonbparker(a)yahoo.com.invalid> wrote: I'm not a stranger to dual-boot, but with prior versions of Windows! I also am aware that there are possible problems when the Vista version I have comes with a recovery CD and not an OS CD. Any tips on how to make this work properly? Do you want to in... 21 Dec 2008 05:20