First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Reinstalling grub?
I have (or *did* have) a dual-booting system, with Windows XP and PCLinuxOS, each OS on its own HD. I've lost GRUB and now cannot boot into Linux so I need to reinstall GRUB. I've done it once before, but can't remember how. How do I reinstall GRUB please? ... 24 Dec 2008 14:50
Further to Keytext replacement
Hi Some of you may remember Ben Bacarisse came to my rescue with an Xautomation alternative to Windows Keytext. This has worked well. However after the recent Fedora 10 debacle, I've decided it too cutting edge for my purposes and am trying Centos 5.2. On Centos despite nothing apparently changing, it will... 16 Dec 2008 02:11
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! GWAD ALMIGHTY!!!!
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/242520/teacher-threatens-to-call-the-cops-over-linux.html BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! GWAD ALMIGHTY!!!! Praise be to the Lord for the uniformed teachers of today for providing everyone with free laughter !!! ... 12 Dec 2008 13:02
PO Credit Card interface
I (and others) have complained about this before. Does anyone have a useful address or phone number that I can complain again to? This issue alone means I rarely use this card, but its 0% loading for overseas use was its main attraction to me. The irony is that other Bank of Ireland sites (including their own credi... 16 Dec 2008 15:05
Netbooks with DVD
Hi all, The screen on my laptop has died. Its now rather long in the tooth, so getting it repaired is probably not financially viable. Rather than go out and buy a new laptop, I am rather tempted by the range of netbooks available - from the point of view of portability and battery life. The only caveat is tha... 19 Dec 2008 11:59
Great Opportunity , Dont miss, Readily available.
Hi Friend, You so lucky, Hurry up to get the jobs and other and you can be enjoyed. For Job Pls click here http://www.instantsportstickets.com/job.html ... 6 Dec 2008 21:20
New Printer woes - SOLVED
On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 22:37:23 +0000 Folderol <folderol(a)ukfsn.org> wrote: I've just got a brand new Xerox Phaser 6110N colour printer. I was able to install the Xerox drivers but when trying to connect the printer with linux-config (as root) I get the error: add-printer failed: client-error-not-aut... 5 Dec 2008 18:17
Does ASUS really want to sell Eee-PCs (in Belgium)?
Reading some reports concerning the Asus 901Go I decided to try to buy one. As I'm living in Belgium and being a Linux-fan I wanted the model with a Belgian Azerty keyboard and Linux pre-installed, in fact I also would like to have 2GB of RAM. Here is my story: I first found out there was a dealer in Belgium calle... 10 Dec 2008 05:18
Adding a second samba server
I'm needing to add a second samba server to our network. The first server handles network logins, and is the domain master. Can someone point me to some documentation on how to get the second server to either accept a user who has logged in on the domain master, or how to get the second server to accept a login? Bo... 8 Dec 2008 16:23
Thunderbird error message...
Thank you to Peter, Big and Blue, and Nigel for their advise. As soon as I am able to get to the computer again *it's some kolometres away), I try the suggestions and report bavk. Zed -- zed ... 6 Dec 2008 20:14