First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Dual boot Linux and Vista
I'm not a stranger to dual-boot, but with prior versions of Windows! I also am aware that there are possible problems when the Vista version I have comes with a recovery CD and not an OS CD. Any tips on how to make this work properly? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you ar... 22 Dec 2008 12:21
Backup to DVD
I want to do some simple backups to DVD. I just want to copy files directly - I don't want them in tars or zips or anything like that. I'd like a program that can cope with more than one DVD and will prompt for disc changes. Something like this: $ perfectbackup /home /dev/dvd Measuring size of /home.... 500GB... 21 Dec 2008 05:20
Backup recommendation
Dear All, I've just acquired a little HP Pocket Media Drive. I'd like to use it to backup /home, and I could do with some software recommendations. I'd rather not have the backups rolled up into a zip or tar file, so that I can easily pluck out files on another PC. I'd also like something which has the sense not... 23 Dec 2008 15:33
Compaq NS5000...
This is my wife's computer and is has been working flawlessly, until a few minutes ago. Turned it on and all that happened is that the fan ran for a few seconds and then stopped. Nothing! Zilch! Nada! Any expert out there able to suggest the likely cause, please? Zed -- zed ... 19 Dec 2008 10:46
Problems emptying Trash...
I copied the contents of a CD containing ClipArt (TaskForce CD) to my Home Directory but because of problems displaying images, I decided to remove all of them *WMF, WMF, and CMG", I removed them to Trash, in case I wanted to restore them at some future date. However, I decided to delete them permanently but am ... 19 Dec 2008 15:36
iPlayer now available for Linux
The downloads version is now available for Linux (and Macs): http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7787335.stm I've tried adding myself as a beta tester, but I don't see the download :( Anyone else managing to get it to work? ... 19 Dec 2008 06:07
Using an old 84-key keyboard under X
Hello everyone, I've been using an old 84-key IBM AT keyboard with my Linux boxes for a decade. It hasn't been directly supported in X configurations for as long as I've been using Linux. All the keys that exist on the keyboard give me the characters that are marked on them except backslash (\), which give... 17 Dec 2008 20:26
Missing?
Does anyone know what's happened to www.groklaw.net ? There's been no new entries there for over a week now :o -- Will J G ... 17 Dec 2008 16:49
Linux + serial port
I seem to have run out of serial ports (/dev/ttyS[01] on the motherboard are both in regular use) and I've just discovered that a Windows app under WINE 1.1.9 can't see a USB<->serial adapter. What I need to know is: - Can I configure WINE so the Windows app can see the USB adapter (if its described in t... 19 Dec 2008 20:26
World domination foiled again...
So wifey got an Acer Aspire One a month or so back, running Linpus Lite. I replaced the teletubbies desktop with xfce and she was happy. And there I was, almost ready to upgrade her ageing XP desktop system to Linux + xfce when she goes out and get an iPod nano, loads up iTunes under XP and tells me she only want... 17 Dec 2008 05:01
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last