First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Show BSSIDs in wicd?
I'm could have sworn that wicd used to show the BSSID next to each SSID when listing networks, as I used it to do a site survey once. However it doesn't seem to be doing it any more in 1.6.1 and I can't find an option to tell it to, or remember what version it did do it in. -- <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffask... 21 Dec 2009 06:57
firefox, number of TCP sessions
Hi Where (in firefox) can I specify the amount of TCP sessions to be used for downloading a single HTML page. thanks for help ... 2 Jan 2010 04:11
seahorse, gnome-keyring, etc. - how to use it?
I am a bit of a command line junkie and until recently have done all my ssh key setup direct from the command line. However I'd rather like to get seahorse, gnome-keyring, etc. working on my xubuntu 9.10 system to simplify/minimise passphrase entry. I can't find *any* useful information on how to set it all up.... 17 Dec 2009 07:06
Can Linux servers Infected ?
Linux gurus have always vouched on the safety and security of Linux - especially Linux running as servers. However, now after a developer named Denis Sinegubko has published his findings, they may just have to ponder over their words. According to Denis, the Linux servers can be infected to be used in a botnet u... 17 Dec 2009 12:38
Firefox update borked?
I've just tried to restart Firefox following the 3.5.6 update, but it fails to bring up the IU. Doing a 'ps' shows that firefox, run-mozilla.sh and firefox-bin are all running as per usual. Running with profile manager and creating a new profile fixes it, but I'd like to get my old profile back. Anyone else se... 17 Dec 2009 06:01
Issue with updation of RHEL4 through YUM
Hi all, we have a YUM server with RHEL5 repo(its a local repo).. now I want to update one of my RHEL4 entire system/one package to RHEL5 i am facing so many dependencies issue.. do any one have solution for this. How to update/upgrade from RHEL4 to RHEL5 with out any dep. issue. Please note: 1)I dont want to ... 17 Dec 2009 03:52
Changed properties of NTFS partition now can't mount it!
Help! Ubuntu 9.04 dual-boot with Windows I clicked on a mounted NTFS Partition and in Properties I entered a Mount point as /Media/Data and File type as NTFS - now it won't mount. I get the error message: " org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.UnknownError." Details: "libhal.c 1399 : wrong reply from hald. Expecting an ar... 16 Dec 2009 21:21
Installation Proglem
I have a laptop that has been running XP, but slowly, and want to install Linux. It has had Suse installed previously but I am having trouble with it now. I have want to install ubuntu but it will not take it. After the language and then the installation screen there is plenty of CD drive activity (the drive ... 16 Dec 2009 07:57
File Server access nightmare
For several days I have been experiencing difficulties in connecting to my firm's file-server. This is a six work-station LAN using samba to access common files. Shortly after replacing my work-station with a newer machine the problems began. Today I decided to cold-boot the file server and log the results.... 25 Dec 2009 23:23
biew-6.1.0 has been released
BIEW is multiplatform portable viewer of binary files with built-in editor in binary, hexadecimal and disassembler modes. It uses native Intel syntax for disassemble. Highlight AVR/Java/Athlon64/Pentium 4/ K7-Athlon disassembler, russian codepages convertor, full preview of formats - MZ, NE, PE, NLM, coff32, elf pa... 13 Dec 2009 09:55