First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
nVidia downloads site down?
I'm trying to get hold of the nVidia drivers but their site seems to be down. Is it just me? http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk I get this message: "System Message Please try again at a later time. Sorry for the inconvenience." ... 3 Mar 2010 07:21
Maximum filesystsem / filesystem tool sizes?
Does anyone know anything about very big disks? I have a Linux system with a large SCSI array connected. This is displayed by the array as two 2.4TB disks. Linux sees /dev/sda and /dev/sdb. These seem ok: [root(a)example eng]# /sbin/fdisk -l /dev/sda Disk /dev/sda: 2098.1 GB, 2098118787072 bytes 255 he... 1 Apr 2010 02:32
Boot into installation image from running system?
Hi, I'm not sure whether this is a silly question or not :-) Does anyone here know if it is possible to boot a new kernel and initrd from a running Linux system, rather than from a system's boot rom? Or perhaps to invoke Grub from the running system, giving it a boot command line, and having it completely take ... 2 Mar 2010 05:42
Deleting custom file processing from Nautilus
I've been experimenting with using custom commands to open files in Nautilus. I now know how to define a custom command but I notice that there is no way to remove them from the list or to edit broken ones. I've also been unable to find where custom commands are stored in order to edit them or delete the files... 1 Mar 2010 14:08
Three scripting questions
Hi all, Firstly, i hear (from [1]) about a syntax that looks like $VARIABLE:t. I've never come across that. Is this a csh thing, does bash have an equivalent, and what does it do? Secondly, i have a script which looks like: someprog & someotherprog & quit() { shutdown-someprog shutdown-someotherpro... 3 Mar 2010 16:26
coLinux
Anyone using / used coLinux and got any comments on reliability? I'm pretty happy using Cygwin, but every now and then there's a package that needs compiling from source or isn't quite as up-to-date as a native Linux package would be, so thought coLinux would be another option. (I've got images inside Sun Virtua... 26 Feb 2010 16:28
The project BIEW was renamed into BEYE
Hello! Due the fact that previous name of the project (BIEW - Binary vIEWer) has some negative associations in english it was renamed into BEYE (Binary EYE) BEYE (Binary EYE) is a free, portable, advanced file viewer with built-in editor for binary, hexadecimal and disassembler modes. It contains a highlight ... 27 Feb 2010 12:08
The Liar and Fraud
William B. wrote: (snip) *plonk* ... 25 Feb 2010 14:51
Seaeching by message content
I currently use knode as I am right now for news group operations but I sometimes want to search for something that may already have been asked. I seem to remember using something that would search for content but it may have been as far back as CompuServe. Does anyone use a reader that permits this? ... 25 Feb 2010 08:02
Accelerating swapless machines
I have a Dell Mini 9 netbook running Ubuntu, with 1GB RAM. Most of the time when I have more than one application running it is tediously slow, to the point that I sometimes have to wait seconds to switch windows. For example, at the moment I have: top - 13:51:43 up 4 days, 2:09, 5 users, load average: 3.32,... 3 Mar 2010 19:48