First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
UKPost problem
Hi, I know there has been a closedown notice on the UKPost website (http:// www.ukpost.com) and that Jason is not really that available to do things on the server (the last email I had from him was that his current interest is nothing to do with ukpost). The problem is that my password is now not working (I've... 17 Mar 2010 10:14
Problem installing collabtive on LAMP server
I'm having trouble installing the above. It's a small project management server that is installed via a php script in the browser. However, whenever I try to load the install.php script Firefox wants to download the file not run it. Trying a noddy homemade php script (phpinfo()) runs fine. The LAMP is insta... 16 Mar 2010 19:51
Bash/Dash problem
The script below works perfectly in bash, but if I try to run it on a system with dash I get the following error: Start_Midisport.sh: 21: [[: not found Can anyone suggest what I should do to get it to work equally well in either shell? #!/bin/bash # echo's can be removed -just for testing name="Midi... 16 Mar 2010 11:24
Skype can't see working Webcam
Wee cheap Logitech Quickcam Express. Ubuntu 9.10. Cheese works fine, using device /dev/video0. Skype offers only that video device, doesn't use it, doesn't do anything when I press the "Test" button in Options->Video Devices. Any bright ideas? Google tells me the camera works out of the box ... and it does, but n... 12 Mar 2010 07:13
Microphones and Ubuntu 9.10
I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 on a Creative Slix system. I've been trying to use Skype. The problem is that the microphone sound is too feint to use, despite switching on the 20dB boost. It's not a hardware problem because I've been running Windows NT using the same hardware and it worked perfectly. Any thoughts? ... 11 Mar 2010 18:00
F12 and PulseAudio
On Sunday I upgraded this laptop to F12 and have found two problems: - setting 'spin down when possible' for AC power prevents it coming out of suspend. Thats annoying, but fixable: don't allow AC spin down. - PulseAudio worked well for about a day and now won't work at all. At one point I decided that mak... 11 Mar 2010 19:08
Discount LV sunglasses
Cheap Louis Vuitton Shoes : http://www.sneakers4wholesale.com/products/Louis-Vuitton-c8_p1.html Wholesale LV shoes on: http://www.sneakers4wholesale.com Discount LV sunglasses at : http://www.sneakers4wholesale.com/products/Louis-Vuitton-c8_p1.html wholesale Louis Vuitton watches,LV sunglasses http:... 9 Mar 2010 14:40
Grub (not Linux) video mode
Hi, Bit of an irritation rather than a must-have this one. Screen on the old laptop died - but its still a workng computer - so I've hooked it up to the TV. Unfortunately the latter seems very fussy about the video modes it supports (nothing faster than 60Hz), I've changed the Linux kernel options in grubs men... 6 Mar 2010 04:15
Micoshaft market share drops to 0% for distributed OS DesktopMarket overnight
Phil Stovell wrote: On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 16:18:57 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote: And I am the worlds emperor. You're a fuckwit. I've had enough of this thread, CTRL+I after posting this. I think I'll block all messages from the fuckwit groups (NOT the UK.* ones). Any group with advocacy i... 3 Mar 2010 13:02
Micoshaft market share drops to 0% for distributed OS Desktop Market overnight
On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 12:17:01 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote: Ah yes. To "prove" that you keep an old uname handy After all, it is way too difficult to simply do a new one. If one does not run Ubuntu, that is... Actually, I used VC++ on Windows 7 to simulate the Linux uname call. It always gives the same res... 3 Mar 2010 13:02