First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Building an Embedded Device/System? Tell VDC about your experiences for a chance to WIN!
VDC is conducting its annual survey of mobile and embedded engineers so if you are involved in the engineering of mobile or embedded systems/software, this is your chance to influence key solution suppliers. The research covers embedded software, hardware, tools, and development practices. Your thoughts will imp... 17 May 2010 16:55
Disable cron emails for certain jobs
I have a job in /etc/cron.d that I don't want to receive emails about. If I make MAILTO= the first line in the job to disable email [as per man 5 crontab], it doesn't parse the crontab, Error: bad minute; while reading /etc/cron.d/mysar Is this a bug in Debian Testing's current cron, or have I misread the m... 20 May 2010 16:07
Linux is now a bona fide gaming platform!
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=valve_steam_announcement&num=1 ... 13 May 2010 06:07
Wasted space on widescreen
Having a menu bar across the entire width of the screen wasting valuable vertical pixels, I decided to shift it to the left edge, where there's plenty of pixels to spare. It took some bludgeoning, but I've ended up with this: http://ale.cx/alex/leftbar2.png http://ale.cx/alex/leftbar3.png Basically, three ... 13 May 2010 16:03
DHCP problem
I am trying to write a basic DHCP server + single page web server for an Arduino development board with the Wiznet based Ethernet add-on. The idea, is that any laptop/netbook with the normal DHCP configuration can be plugged in, get its IP etc. and then fetch a web page of information from the server. However ... 12 May 2010 13:37
Sticking the Close/minimise/maximise controls back to the right
Ubuntu 10.04 has - for no obvious reason moved the window title bar controls to the left hand end of the title bar. I'm used to them on the right, and prefer them on the right. I can't find anything in the preferences which controls this behaviour... How do I fix it? -- ;; Semper in faecibus sumus, sol... 12 May 2010 15:52
Cannot find demux plugin for MRL?
Hi All, I'm trying to get a Freecom DTB-T USB stick working under Ubuntu 10.04 (or 9.10 or Mint 9RC for that matter). They seem to find the stick and offer me a 'restricted driver' and once I ok that it installs and the amber LED comes on on the stick. I then install Kaffeine, note it sees the device as: 'Wi... 11 May 2010 05:42
Csoft
Hi, Has anyone got any info on csoft.net (Cubesoft) as they appear to be off the grid completely. Thanks. ... 15 May 2010 19:11
Upgrading a Linux installation
If I have Debian Etch installed, can I upgrade this so that it becomes, in effect, Debian Lenny? As far as I understand the way it works, if in /etc/apt/sources.list I have: deb http://debian.virginmedia.com/ lenny main contrib non-free deb-src http://debian.virginmedia.com/ lenny main contrib non-free ... 12 May 2010 15:52
Bogus "Unable to mount" error dialog
After I mount an NFS share with Nautilus I get an "Unable to mount..."/ DBus.Error.NoReply error dialog several minutes later, even though the mount was successful. I don't know which package to report this bug against. Is there a way to identify which process owns an X window? The only bit of info from xprop th... 3 May 2010 10:57