From: Joe Forster/STA on
> everyone needs money

Then why don't you leave them enough from your profit when you already
have way more money than enough?

> But they mainly come here because of oppression from their government

You mean governments that are puppets to multinational corporations
that centralize in the USA?

> Sure other countries exist, I just don't care too much about visiting
> them.

With the advent of the Internet, including but not limited to
Wikipedia, you don't need to even leave your room to "visit" other
countries, people, cultures, to the extent of learning, at least,
something about them. Actually, you could (have) do(ne) that even
before the Internet, by watching documentaries or - horribile dictu! -
reading books.
From: Brandon Staggs on
"White Spirit" wrote on Thu, 13 May 2010 11:04:05 +0100:

> Like isn't like that. Too many variables...

Fortunately, we don't have to rely on the imaginations of anti-gun
people. In the United States, law abiding citizens use guns *every
day* to prevent crime.

http://www.thearmedcitizen.com/

--
-Brandon
http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html
From: White Spirit on
On 13/05/2010 15:37, Brandon Staggs wrote:

> Fortunately, we don't have to rely on the imaginations of anti-gun
> people. In the United States, law abiding citizens use guns *every
> day* to prevent crime.

> http://www.thearmedcitizen.com/

A carefully selected list of newspaper quotes doesn't prove a thing. It
conveniently ignores crimes, suicides and accidents where gun ownership
is involved as well as people being shot trying to defend themselves
with a firearm.

Likewise, 'every day' is rather meaningless with a population the size
of the United States'.

From: redrumloa on
On May 13, 7:59 am, "Joe Forster/STA" <s...(a)c64.org> wrote:

> You're just another great example how consumerism in especially the
> most capitalistic society turns people into brainless idiots who don't
> realize even the existence of the otherwise quite tight limits of
> their so-called freedom but live happily ever after instead.
> Fortunately, seeing the results of the latest election, your president
> and, at least, half of your country has already woken up from its
> mental coma.

Oh good lord have mercy!!! I tried my best to stay out of this, but
Obama is a horror show and your self righteousness despite an obvious
ignorance is funny. Here is what the USA thinks about your savior
Obama.

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/popQuestion/questionResults.html?url=http://poll.cbs.com/poll?event_id=7798&q1=5&q2=5&q3=5&q4=5&q5=5&q6=5&q7=5&q8=5&q9=5&q10=5&&obama_grades_year_one$

Note that poll is done by the left-wing CBS amd yet the results still
come out the same. Obama makes people miss Bush and that is a sad
thought!
From: Brandon Staggs on
"White Spirit" wrote on Thu, 13 May 2010 16:00:55 +0100:

> On 13/05/2010 15:37, Brandon Staggs wrote:
>
>> Fortunately, we don't have to rely on the imaginations of anti-gun
>> people. In the United States, law abiding citizens use guns *every
>> day* to prevent crime.
>
>> http://www.thearmedcitizen.com/
>
> A carefully selected list of newspaper quotes doesn't prove a thing. It

And your hypothetical with no basis in reality does!?

> Likewise, 'every day' is rather meaningless with a population the size
> of the United States'.

The figure is close to 1 million times a year, last I looked it up.
And it's not meaningless to the people who have defended their lives
and property.

There's no getting around this fact: since the widespread adoption of
right-to-carry in the USA, violent crime has been decreasing, not
increasing. Say whatever you like -- you simply can't get around the
fact that personal liberties regarding firearms do not *increase*
violence.