From: White Spirit on

>>> http://www.thearmedcitizen.com/

>> A carefully selected list of newspaper quotes doesn't prove a thing. It

> And your hypothetical with no basis in reality does!?

Situations like that happen. They won't be included in that site, of
course...

>> Likewise, 'every day' is rather meaningless with a population the size
>> of the United States'.

> The figure is close to 1 million times a year, last I looked it up.

With a population of 309,252,000, that amounts to 0.32 percent of the
population. Hardly significant when you look at it in real terms.

> There's no getting around this fact: since the widespread adoption of
> right-to-carry in the USA, violent crime has been decreasing, not
> increasing.

No one has even proven a correlation.

> Say whatever you like -- you simply can't get around the
> fact that personal liberties regarding firearms do not *increase*
> violence.

There are other variables.
From: Joe Forster/STA on
> Obama is a horror show and your self righteousness despite an obvious
> ignorance is funny. Here is what the USA thinks about your savior
> Obama.

Your selfish narrowmindedness of thinking about yourself and your
country only does not help with arguments on an international forum -
actually, the opposite. You expressed it correctly, though: Obama is
_our_ savior, meaning he wants to help the rest of the world. Being a
person wider minded than you, he understands that the USA cannot hold
its position against the world much longer. That citizens of the USA
have to pay for this is pretty obvious; it's time to pay back some of
what you've been taking away for decades, centuries from the rest of
the world...
From: redrumloa on
On May 13, 1:00 pm, "Joe Forster/STA" <s...(a)c64.org> wrote:
> > Obama is a horror show and your self righteousness despite an obvious
> > ignorance is funny. Here is what the USA thinks about your savior
> > Obama.
>
> Your selfish narrowmindedness of thinking about yourself and your
> country only does not help with arguments on an international forum -
> actually, the opposite. You expressed it correctly, though: Obama is
> _our_ savior, meaning he wants to help the rest of the world. Being a
> person wider minded than you, he understands that the USA cannot hold
> its position against the world much longer. That citizens of the USA
> have to pay for this is pretty obvious; it's time to pay back some of
> what you've been taking away for decades, centuries from the rest of
> the world...

Did you form this opinion from watching the same TV channel that told
you the Moon landing was fake and Hitler didn't really kill any jews?
From: Dragos on
; it's time to pay back some of
> > what you've been taking away for decades, centuries from the rest of
> > the world...

How about every country that owes us from our help rebuilding their
country pay us the debt they owe us.

From: Brandon Staggs on
"White Spirit" wrote on Thu, 13 May 2010 17:18:31 +0100:

> No one has even proven a correlation.

Untrue. I posted a link to a book by an economist that does exactly
that. Of course, causation is a different matter.

But I see that this thread has degenerated into nonsense like "the USA
has to pay back what it's been stealing" and other mindless tripe.
Not much point in continuing here. For you, your government
(presumably Great Britain) doesn't trust you with a gun. Not much you
can do there, since everybody's only concerned with staying on their
"benefits." Here, our government still (in most places) respects our
right to personal weaponry, and hopefully, is just a tad bit fearful
of it.

--
-Brandon
http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html