First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Open mode
I have Access DB 2003 that I splitted it to front end and back end. I will put the back end in shared drive and the front end in users' hard drives (4 users including me). No one except me needs to make change to the front end. Should I set the open mode of the back end to "Shared", the front end of each use... 18 Feb 2010 17:22
How do I prevent others from editing my Access 2007 database?
I've posted this elsewhere in this discussion group, but have not received any replies, so I thought I'd try to post my question here as well. I just started using Access 2007. In the previous version (03), I was able to prevent other users from changing/deleting/adding data. I can't seem to find out how I can ... 17 Feb 2010 15:39
Fiscal Six-Month Periods
I have a database with a bunch of dates in it. I'd like to create a new calculated field that designates the associated date in a six-month period through a query. The periods go from April 1st to September 30th (1st half of our fiscal year) and then from October 1st to March 31st (2nd half of our fiscal year... 16 Feb 2010 18:23
Opening Forms based on Combo Box Selection (Access 2007)
I am creating a database in which people in 10 different regions will enter information into forms for facilities in their respective regions. I'd like the users to open the database, select their region from a combo box and click an "open form" command button that will open all the records/forms in their region... 16 Feb 2010 18:23
Counter
I want to add a column to an existing query that is a counter. Example of data and desired result below. The criteria is: If Name, Symbol and Date are different, counter changes; if Name, Symbol and Date are same, same counter as line above. I read about DCount but was unsuccessful. Any insight or direction... 18 Feb 2010 15:08
Data type mismatch
New to Access 2007 I'm putting together a database. One of the fields is test scores which have a value of 0 through 100 OR "ND". They aren't willing to get rid of the "ND", so I have the field set to "Text". Is there a way to create a validation rule that limits input to these values? A combo box with 1... 16 Feb 2010 18:23
how to view 2 tables in design view side by side (access 2007)
I used to use access 2003 and was able to show side by side two tables in design view. How is this done in access 2007. ... 16 Feb 2010 12:56
Form field sizing & alignment troubles, using related tables
I've got 1 day under my belt with Access, so I don't know a lot more than I do... I'm "scrubbing" attributes from blueprints that we have scanned. At the moment, the blueprint scan is identified by a bar code, not very helpful when you have 1800 of them. My Access database will list the bar code number as ... 16 Feb 2010 18:23
Error Message after exporting MS Access Table
I receive the below error message when I export a table from a Microsoft Access database to the Microsoft Word Merge format: �The data being exported does not match the format described in the Schema.ini file.� Microsoft Access database is in .mdb format. -- sam.joseph74 ... 16 Feb 2010 07:31
Images and thumbnails questions
Hello-- I am running XP Pro, with Access 2007. I have several folders, each with hundreds of image files-- most of these are photo .tifs. I would like to make a database that contains the file names and key information about each file (date it was taken, what it is a picture of, etc.). I want this database... 16 Feb 2010 18:23