From: measekite on

Mary wrote:

>"zakezuke" <zakezuke_us(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>

>>Now it being odd not to replace your printer... well that's beurocrasy
>>for you, they only replace the printer if it's a full malfunction
>>

>where
>

>>you can't replace the head on your own.
>>

>But I told him I can replace it myself. He must know its a printhead you
>can take out. He made it sound like some kind of Canon policy that they
>can't send a part and send a refurb printer at the same time. But if
>they send the whole thing it would come to the same thing. seems a waste
>of time to send one thing when you know it needs a whole printer
>replacement.

YOU ARE A WASTE OF TIME

YOU MUST BE AN OLD MAID

>>>I knew that Staples would let you bring a printer too them even if
>>>

>under
>

>>>first year and Canon has warranty on it and they will give you
>>>

>another
>

>>>one, for I have done it and the guy said yesterdayjust to bring it
>>>

>in
>

>>>and get another one, but maybe I should just get the print head and
>>>

>get
>

>>>a refurbished printer.
>>>

>>The referb printer might disquality you from the staples warranty as
>>

>it
>

>>would be under another serial number, and the full diaper can be
>>resolved with a screw driver I believe. That's entirely up to you.
>>

>Do y ou mean I could fix the problem of the waste ink absorber myself?

DO IT ON YOUR CARPETS

HA HA HA HA

From: zakezuke on
> It seems much easier for me to get a new printer and not all this
> waiting for Puralator. It would be different if I only had the Canon
> warranty. What I might do is phone the guy I know at Staples and ask him
> if the refurb printer from Canon exempts me from Staples warranty. It
> likely would I am guess, which isn't so good. I am not sure now what I
> should do. Get the printhead and refurb printer or get a new printer. If
> the guy at Canon has sent the printhead, its probably too late for me to
> bother with Staples. I am not sure what to do

I would get the printhead regardless. It's free and it's owed to you.
This will give you a printer that at least works.

This is where we likely differ in terms of personal preference, and I
don't know if you have another year on the printer under the staples
warranty.

I would not bother with the referb and go for the give me money tward a
printer that is cheaper per page. This will cost you $80 above and
beyond, but keep in mind that $80 comes with the equilivent of 2 more
refills than the ip1500 comes with. If talking the Staples brand,
that's $40 of extra ink $40 for a printer that is cheaper to operate.
You will see savings in under a year. Text will be 3c (canadian) per
page rather than what was it, 5cents per page assuming OEM 500 pages
vs 130pages per refill.

But you seem to enjoy the fact that the color and black tanks are
cheap, even if they are 1/3 the volume and not 1/3 the price. If you
wish to continue using a thimble sized black and a thimble sized
tri-color tank by all means get the referb unit. You will NOT be able
to buy this new, nor anything similar. It's a a choice between head on
the cart or not head on the cart, $50 printer that costs an arm and a
leg to operate or a $150 printer that's somewhat reasonable to operate
with a ton of compatables on the market, or your current printer with a
ton of compatables on the market.

From: zakezuke on
> Do y ou mean I could fix the problem of the waste ink absorber myself? I
> thought you can't see it by just looking into the printer

The waste counter you can reset with the service tool QY9-0066 as Tony
explained. You can get it here
http://www.printersiam.com/data/download/iP1500%20Service%20Tool.zip
http://www.printersiam.com/data/DOWNLOAD.HTM

There are also the following keystrokes
1. Turn off the printer. And disconnect the printer cable.
2. Press and hold the POWER button, turn on the printer.
3. The indicator (L.E.D.) should be green.
4. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator (L.E.D.) should
be orange.
5. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator (L.E.D.)
should be green.
6. Release both buttons.

The diaper requires a screwdriver to replace, and a service manual
would be handy. All the free sites to get them are no longer offering
them, so you're left with the pay for the file bozos unless someone
else can walk you through it
http://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?products_id=578

There is an e-mail address of someone else who might have it
http://forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewtopic.php?p=19280
But they might be another pay for a download bozo, I don't know.

From: Mary on
> > It seems much easier for me to get a new printer and not all this
> > waiting for Puralator. It would be different if I only had the Canon
> > warranty. What I might do is phone the guy I know at Staples and ask
him
> > if the refurb printer from Canon exempts me from Staples warranty.
It
> > likely would I am guess, which isn't so good. I am not sure now what
> > should do. Get the printhead and refurb printer or get a new
printer. If
> > the guy at Canon has sent the printhead, its probably too late for
me to
> > bother with Staples. I am not sure what to do
>
> I would get the printhead regardless. It's free and it's owed to you.
> This will give you a printer that at least works.

If I get the printhead, they want me to phone them and get the refurb
since I told the guy that I get that message and he said the printer
needs to be replaced, not just the printhead, but will only send the
printhead first, then I phoned and tell them I got the printhead I
guess, and then they send the refurbished one and I have to send back
the old printer.

> This is where we likely differ in terms of personal preference, and I
> don't know if you have another year on the printer under the staples
> warranty.

Yes, I have another year. First year was with Canon, second year which I
paid $10.00 for when I bought the printer is with Staples and the
printer would be replaced with a new printer if anything happened. If
its something under $200.00, Staples will give you a new printer and you
can choose any printer you want, if it costs more than $200.00 they
don't give you a new printer but send it for repair.. If you buy one
thats more money, you pay the difference.

The way it is, if I get the printhead, and get a refurb printer which
they have got me down to get, then the second year extended warranty
will never be used. And if the refurb one conks out in a month or two, I
don't know if Canon give any warranty. But might be too late now as I
have an order number from Canon and it sounded like he was going to
start arrangements with Puralator to send me the printhead, so maybe he
did that by now and has it arranged and they need my fax tomorrow just
for their records.

> I would not bother with the referb and go for the give me money tward
> printer that is cheaper per page.

You probably print a lot more stuff than I do so more worth your while
to buy in bulk.
My needs are more spaced out.

>This will cost you $80 above and
> beyond, but keep in mind that $80 comes with the equilivent of 2 more
> refills than the ip1500 comes with. If talking the Staples brand,
> that's $40 of extra ink $40 for a printer that is cheaper to operate.
> You will see savings in under a year. Text will be 3c (canadian) per
> page rather than what was it, 5cents per page assuming OEM 500 pages
> vs 130pages per refill.

What will cost me $80.00 above and beyond. A new printer?
With the ip1500, I can do a couple of months or more without buying
cartridges.

> But you seem to enjoy the fact that the color and black tanks are
> cheap, even if they are 1/3 the volume and not 1/3 the price.

Thats because to me it doesn't seem so bad to lay out a lot of money and
when the carts get low, I just don't print much, so the carts last me a
while. I think more about what I have to pay each time even though in
the long run it costs more. Its the same with everything you buy. The
more you buy the more you save. Each way of thinking has its own merits.
Depends on how you look at things.

>If you
> wish to continue using a thimble sized black and a thimble sized
> tri-color tank by all means get the referb unit. You will NOT be able
> to buy this new, nor anything similar. It's a a choice between head
on
> the cart or not head on the cart, $50 printer that costs an arm and a
> leg to operate or a $150 printer that's somewhat reasonable to operate
> with a ton of compatables on the market, or your current printer with
> ton of compatables on the market.

I will have to think about it and it might be too late anyway if the guy
went ahead with arrangements.

From: Mary on
> > Do y ou mean I could fix the problem of the waste ink absorber
myself? I
> > thought you can't see it by just looking into the printer
>
> The waste counter you can reset with the service tool QY9-0066 as Tony
> explained. You can get it here
> http://www.printersiam.com/data/download/iP1500%20Service%20Tool.zip
> http://www.printersiam.com/data/DOWNLOAD.HTM

I got an attachment from Tony in my email which I haven't had time to
check out yet. It must be the one you mention above. From what Tony
said, I was under the impression it just stopped the message from
appearing on the screen but that the overflow problem is still there and
according to the guy at Canon, he said that eventually it won't just say
the waste ink absorber is almost full. it will say its full. He said the
only way to solve that is to replace the printer.
I don't think I want to go into service manuals.

Mary