From: Karl E. Peterson on
Helmut Meukel wrote:
> "Helmut Meukel" <NoSpam(a)NoProvider.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>>
>>> This the place? http://www.newsgroupdirect.com/signup/
>>>
>>> I don't see the free option?
>>
>> Karl, try http://www.newsgroupdirect.com not the signup page
>
> Sorry, clicking "Try out for free" will show the signup page.
> When you there select "Sign up" then you find the free account,

Ah, didn't try going farther at that point.

> but it says there:
> Free Trial Terms
> Free trials are available to customers paying by US credit card only. Only
> new customers will qualify for the free trial period. Block accounts are also
> not eligible for the free trial. A small charge will be processed to your
> credit card to make sure that the card is valid. The free trial expires after
> 14 days or after 1GB of usage, whichever comes first.

Yeah, I see that, too. And you don't even get that, without first
handing over a credit card number.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Henning wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> skrev ...
>> David Kaye wrote:

>>> Eternal September provides free access. There are others as well.
>>
>> I just created an account with them, and all appeared to be going well.
>> Until I tried logging in. The credentials are being rejected. Do you know
>> if they're having problems at the moment?
>
> Same thing happened to me... I can login to my personal page, but not to the
> newsserver. :((

Yeah, I even logged in (on the web) and "changed" my password. No go
over nntp.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Leo on
Ive been using Windows Live Mail to read these groups lately.

From: -mhd on
Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:

>-mhd wrote:
>> It has been pointed out to me that MS also dropped NNTP support in Win7
>> (Outlook Express). -mhd

>They did, yes. Which prompted me to discover a far superior tool -
>what OE always should've been! Try MesNews, if you feel so inclined.
>:-)

Well I would never use Outlook Express either (I use Agent), but the point is maybe MS
knew a long time ago the writing was on the wall for their commitment to nntp based
groups and this has been in the works for a quite a while.

-mhd
From: dpb on
Karl E. Peterson wrote:
> Henning wrote:

>>> I just created an account with them, and all appeared to be going
>>> well. Until I tried logging in. The credentials are being rejected.
>>> Do you know if they're having problems at the moment?
>>
>> Same thing happened to me... I can login to my personal page, but not
>> to the newsserver. :((
>
> Yeah, I even logged in (on the web) and "changed" my password. No go
> over nntp.

I've had no trouble at any time all day today.

What are you using as a client? I've been using Thunderbird and it was
totally painless as far as I can recall when initially signed up. It's
been long enough ago now I don't recall anything peculiar having to had
to do...

--

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27