From: Karl E. Peterson on
MM wrote:
> I only have a free 1gb per month account with NewsgroupDirect.
> (However, anyone can sign up for the free account, which is open-ended
> and renews on the 1st of each month.)

This the place? http://www.newsgroupdirect.com/signup/

I don't see the free option?

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Helmut Meukel on

Karl, try http://www.newsgroupdirect.com not the signup page

From: Helmut Meukel on
"Helmut Meukel" <NoSpam(a)NoProvider.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> MM wrote:
>>> I only have a free 1gb per month account with NewsgroupDirect.
>>> (However, anyone can sign up for the free account, which is open-ended
>>> and renews on the 1st of each month.)
>>
>> This the place? http://www.newsgroupdirect.com/signup/
>>
>> I don't see the free option?
>>
>> --
>> .NET: It's About Trust!
>> http://vfred.mvps.org
>>

> Karl, try http://www.newsgroupdirect.com not the signup page

Sorry, clicking "Try out for free" will show the signup page.
When you there select "Sign up" then you find the free account,
but it says there:
Free Trial Terms
Free trials are available to customers paying by US credit card only. Only new
customers will qualify for the free trial period. Block accounts are also not
eligible for the free trial. A small charge will be processed to your credit
card to make sure that the card is valid. The free trial expires after 14 days
or after 1GB of usage, whichever comes first.

Helmut.

From: Henning on
Just make sure, for you, it isn't higher than lets say 3 feet. Clements is
allowed to be any hight ;)

/Henning

From: Henning on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> skrev i meddelandet
> David Kaye wrote:
>> "Larry Serflaten" <serflaten(a)usinternet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> We would still need someone to provide 'free' access. I doubt my
>>> provider offers NNTP, and from the sound of things, many other
>>> major players are letting go also....
>>
>> Eternal September provides free access. There are others as well.
>
> I just created an account with them, and all appeared to be going well.
> Until I tried logging in. The credentials are being rejected. Do you
> know if they're having problems at the moment?
>
> --
> .NET: It's About Trust!
> http://vfred.mvps.org

Same thing happened to me... I can login to my personal page, but not to the
newsserver. :((

/Henning

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Prev: Localized Date
Next: Check if String has a number