First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114
CF Card Reader question
Dear All, Earlier to today I got a no brand ExpressCard 34 CF card reader for my MBP. When I first fitted it and plugged in a CF card, it immediately popped up on the desktop with no problem. However - it didn't launch Nikon Transfer (as my other USB Cf reader, or plugging my camera in directly does). So... 7 May 2008 14:16
Uninstall iLife 08 demo?
If I install the iLife '08 demo and realise it is not worth the money to upgrade, can I easily uninstall it and go back to iLife 6? -zoara- -- defecation occurs ... 9 Aug 2007 16:50
Trouble with Dave... (the Thursby software) and DFS
I've sent this to the Thursby support@ too, but I thought I'd ask here since I know there are a couple of folks dealing with bloody Windows servers.... I'm currently evaluating the latest DAVE 6.2, using OSX 10.4.9 with all latest updates. I'm not using a Windows domain, but I am using a Windows 2003 server to m... 17 Jun 2007 07:46
Help needed identifying Mac / PC VGA adapters
Hi I have some MAC /PC adapters I bought a few years ago and forgot all about. I was hoping someone could let me know what they are and if they are worth selling on ebay or if they are so obsolete so nobody would want them. Part 1 is a UniMacFly monitor converter. It has a 15 pin female conector on one end ... 9 Mar 2007 04:46
'A modem error has occurred'
I'm starting to see this a fair amount. Now, I'm using my phone as a bluetooth modem and I'm often in places where the connection might be a bit dodgy (there's specific black spots on the way in from Maidenhead to Paddington, also my top floor work location means I'm down to GPRS there rather than 3G) so I'm no... 11 Jan 2007 13:33
SynergyKM
I get Connection refused errors reported by the client, but I am pretty sure I am following the instructions. I'm using the latest version of the GUI package. has anyone had success, or know what I'm getting wrong? Daniele ... 3 Nov 2006 18:59
TCP Reset
Having a gander at my router's logs, I see that I am getting a lot of "TCP Reset" messages. Taking a one-hour period, there are 34 "Peer TCP state out of order, sent TCP RST" entries and 4 "Firewall session time out, sent TCP RST" entries. Is this to be expected or is something rotten? It's all double-Dutch to ... 29 Oct 2006 09:50
Dead iBook - help?
On 21/10/06 9:54 am, Rowland McDonnell wrote: So: no joy at all. Anyone got any ideas what I might do to get this machine booted, or at least responding a bit more to the outside world? When I had a similar problem with a 500mhz ibook it finally responded after being left overnight with no battery a... 1 Nov 2006 18:22
It's alive!
It being broadband on Dad's eMac (OS 9.2)! So, Mum phones me at 08:15 to tell me the BT Home Hub had arrived (what's the rush, they haven't had BB for 70+ years) but the letter said it would be enabled between 13 and 18:00. I went round there, plugged the hub in / on and seemed to get all the right lights up. ... 21 Oct 2006 15:05
...and it's gone again
My 'resurrected' disk lasted less than two days then. This time I'm trying to start up in verbose mode. It gets as far as reporting IOBlueToothPCIController, then dies. I get the following message: disks0s2: 0xe0030005 (UNDEFINED) Load of /sbin/launchd, errno 5, trying /sbin/mach_init disks0s2: 0xe003000... 28 Sep 2006 11:21