First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
C# and Data Concurrency
I have a data in a table that I need to read once and only once. I will have multiple instances of my application accessing this database potentially at the same time (because my application is WCF service hosted by IIS) but no two instances of this application should access the same rows of data even on reads. ... 1 Oct 2009 12:50
how to get listbox scoll bar events?
Hi all, sorry f or all the newb questions. I've looked through msdn for some event or property on the wpf listbox that would point to a scroll bar but find nothing obvious i've also looked through ItemsControl Class for events or properties pointing to a scroll bar but i'm just not seeing it i see a List... 24 Sep 2009 13:52
how best to save dataset to a database file
Hey Using C# vs2008 .net 3.5 I have a winforms app where a user can create a "new " document, enter data in several textboxes and then save the information. As the user is entering information i was going to use a typed dataset with several tables with relationships to store the information. then when the use... 24 Sep 2009 08:13
'System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException' download large file
In my custom ftp app that I am writing for downloading my own .jpg and .mp4 files from my ftp server I have implemented a backgroundworker control where the downloading takes place and a progressbar control for monitoring the progress. I am having a problem with .mp4 files larger than 20 megs (sometimes larger tha... 23 Sep 2009 23:28
Problem with BinaryFormatter Deserialize method
I have this class in a project: using System; using System.Collections; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.IO; using System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary; using System.Runtime.Serialization; using System.Text; namespace myProject { [Serializable] public class Attachment ... 24 Sep 2009 17:19
String.Contains case insensitive?
Is there a way to make String.Contains do a case insensitive comparison? like an equivalent of vb6 Option CompareText in a code module? I've read the help on the overload of .Contains that uses a IEqualityComparer object but don't understand how to make that work from the help: <quote This interface allows the i... 25 Sep 2009 04:19
How to determine if /3GB is active.
I want to programmatically determine if the /3GB is active in the boot.ini (and warn my users if not when my app starts). My best plan so far is to search for /3GB in the boot.ini file. Obviously this has flaws. They may not have rebooted or have choosen an alternate configuration. Ideally I an looking for some ... 24 Sep 2009 10:27
Lambda Expression
Hello, I am using a third party assembly method as follows: CreateMap<DocumentCreate, Document>() .ForMember(d => d.Level.Id, o => o.MapFrom(s => s.Level)); And I get the following error: Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Expression 'd => Convert (d.Level.Id)' must resolve to top-... 22 Sep 2009 12:56
C# simple permutation of a binary array
Hi there, How did you come up with the values: 0xe994 14 3 in the CountBits(int value) method. They are hard coded and dont have any equation that can explain it. If you can that would be excellent :) *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ... 23 Sep 2009 09:55
Function param expects IEnumerable<ClassName>
If there is a class member as: void Function(IEnumerable<ClassName> Param); What is expected to be passed into this function? A "List"? Is it OK to code like below? List<ClassName> myList = new List<ClassName>(); ClassName obj1 = new ClassName(); ClassName obj2 = new ClassName(); .... myList.Add(obj... 17 Sep 2009 21:36