First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Updating an unbound table
I have a form that contains controls that are bound to an underlying table. I want to update a summary table when the update of a displayed record is complete. How can I tell when the update is complete, and can I tell what the contents of the updated record are? Am I making this harder that it really is? Than... 25 May 2010 17:59
Compare Column values with column names in different tables
No offense, but your Grades_Table isn't properly designed. It should be Student_Id Course_Id Grade -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "sam" <sam(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E347A1E-2B2C-463B-BF6F-AEAE07644622(a)microsoft.com... 26 May 2010 15:50
HELP: Compare Column values with column names in different tables
I have two tables, Grades_Table and Course_Table In Grades_Table, I have the following columns: Student_ID English Math Physics Chemistry Biology In Course_Table, I have the following columns: Course_ID Course_Name Now, I want to right a combination of SQL query and VBA to search specific stu... 25 May 2010 15:47
Macro for Opening an Excel document
please does anyone know a macro or a way to open an excel document through MS access? I want to automatically open an excel doc at the end of running a macro. Thank you in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201005/1 ... 25 May 2010 16:53
Database security with read-only Vs Read\write access
I have 4 users and would like to issue read-only to 2 users and and full control to other 2 users. Is that possible in Access2007 on .mdb file to role based privilages? Where can I start these securities implemented? Thanks a lot -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums... 25 May 2010 15:47
List Box to create a Report based on crosstab query
I have a form with a list box to select a value, and a button that is pressed to create a report based on the value selected in the list box. The problem is the query used to create the report and populate the values in the list box is a crosstab query, which is not updateable of course. Here is the SQL for m... 27 May 2010 18:11
Form_Delete event can't fire requery in other form
Hello everybody!! I have myForm with sfrm1 and sfrm2 embedded (both are in datasheet view) sfrm1 let me edit, insert and delete records in tbl_1 sfrm2 is read only and shows totals of tbl_1 grouped by different concepts I want to show the totals updated in sfrm2, I have problems deleting rows in sfrm1 because... 25 May 2010 17:59
Help with dCount - "Data Type mismatch in criteria expression"
Since BatchNum is text, the value being passed must be in quotes: Me.txtBinsScanned = DCount("[BatchNum]", "[tblPreSortBatchBackup]", "[BatchNum]='" & [Forms]![frmTraceBox]![txtBatch] & "'") Exagerated for clarity, that's "[BatchNum]= ' " & [Forms]![frmTraceBox]![txtBatch] & " ' ") -- Doug Steele, Micros... 25 May 2010 15:47
return Subform Name on Tab control
all, a little background i was using Screen.ActiveForm![Firm_ID], in a function to use as a query criteria, now all my [Firm_ID]s, are on tabbed subforms. my quick fix was have a txt1= [subformname].Form![Firm_ID], but the subform name could be one of 7, so i am tring to figure out how to capture the name ... 25 May 2010 15:47
Help with dCount - “Data Type mismatch in criteria expression”
Hi all: The code listed below is giving me a “Data Type mismatch in criteria expression” error. Code: Me.txtBinsScanned = DCount("[BatchNum]", "[tblPreSortBatchBackup]", "[BatchNum]=" & [Forms]![frmTraceBox]![txtBatch]) Where: BatchNum data type is text TxtBatch is a text box on my form that is gettin... 25 May 2010 11:19