First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
learned a(almost) expensive lesson
"George's Pro Sound Co." wrote; I made a error this weekend that almos brought down the wrath of lawyers and could have been a show stopped, ALWAYS MEASURE your voltage at the point of the load connection I ASSUMED that all outlets on the genny were going to give me the same readings Rookie mis... 21 Jun 2010 16:53
upcoming show announcment
George's Pro Sound will be the contractor for "Gig in the Sky" festival , one of the most antic ipated events in the north east for the touring jam band talent and their fans check it out http://giginthesky.weebly.com/artists.html ... 22 Jun 2010 08:14
What happens to damaged gear
Liquidator writes: "> 100% spot on Phil. I lost an expensive camera overboad a couple decades ago. The repair shop's advice? get the battery pack out, then put it back in distilled water and bring it to us. Yep, and I didn't do that with a $400 vhf/uhf portable. I was working a cross country horse r... 26 Jun 2010 09:42
Picturs from this weekend's Frogfest
A special Thanks to Bigfrog 104 and head engineed TIM Perry for all the work they put into FROGFEST 22 featuring Josh Turner it was a tremendous sucess if you care I have some photos here http://www.proaudiospace.com/photo/albums/frogfest-2010 also see my profile photo of me at my new Ramsa SX-1 george ... 21 Jun 2010 11:17
Fair price for sound engineer
Denny Strauser writes: For a band at your level, you could probably find a young soundman who would be willing to work for a cut of pay equal to each band member. I might have done this when I was starting out. The band members & soundman should all help load in & out of gear. The soundman should wi... 22 Jun 2010 04:59
New Rig
Am just putting together a touring package for a band I work for. Idea is we roll into a venue, plug into their power and give them a LR feed. Based around the A&H iLive with a T112 out front, an R72 for mons, 2 stageboxes (16ch and 32ch in different racks so we have a redundant mixengine), PL10s on each mic st... 17 Jun 2010 11:07
going SAC
"Denny Strauser" <dsdennysound(a)gmail.com> wrote in message news:hosrjn$r2b$1(a)news.eternal-september.org... George's Pro Sound Co. wrote: Just imagine a "in ears " app for iphone like devices so musos can tweek thier own mixes :-) George I did a show a couple years go with Adrian Belew, and ... 17 Jun 2010 23:21
What happens to damaged gear
<Leon(a)nospam.com> Phil Allison ** Audio electronics that has been submerged in muddy water ( not salt ) Yes, it all depends on the quality of the water. I was brought a 2-way "lunchbox" radio once and it was totally shot. ** See the first two words in my post - Leon ?? This type of rad... 20 Jun 2010 12:20
Fair price for sound engineer
George writes: a 4 pc band making 400. or less a show, I have no idea what the pay should be. Thanks. who transports , sets up, tears down, stores rig, do you provide a ride to the gig IMportant questions. you can get a guy like me to walk in to a set up rig for a small club run it then leav... 17 Jun 2010 11:07
Fair price for sound engineer
It finally happened for us. We did a multi band gig and the sound was provided. It was wonderful. So much so that now we don't want anything short of that again. Unfortunately, we aren't going to be able to afford that. My idea is to pay the guy to run my rig, and or, show me how to run my rig better. What is a... 16 Jun 2010 21:00