From: Eeyore on

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote:

> And how can Israel militarily defeat an organisation as nebulous as
> Hezbollah? Are they going to kill every Lebanese supporter? From the air?

Replace Israel with Britain, Hezbollah with the IRA and Lebanese with Irish for an
intereting perspective !

Graham

From: Eeyore on

John Fields wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 01:59:22 +0100, Eeyore
> <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> >"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:
> >
> >> Hell, ship them to England and let Eeyore rehabilitate them. That
> >> way he can find out first hand exactly the kind of being he is
> >> defending.
> >
> >Some of them *have* been returned to England where they *live* !
> >
> >I'm defending the rule of law which the USA seems to find convenient to forget about when
> >it suits you.
>
> ---
> Extraordinary measures are called for during times of war.

I don't especially disagree with that but the action in Afghanistan wasn't a war. More like a
Police Action, where laws should be respected.

Graham

From: Phat Bytestard on
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:09:52 -0500, John Fields
<jfields(a)austininstruments.com> Gave us:

>On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:44:54 GMT, "Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie"
><eatmyshorts(a)doubleclick.net> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 08:30:42 -0700, John Larkin wrote:
>>> On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 17:31:37 GMT, Phat Bytestard

>>> Hey, so am I. They're using my arbs to simulate all sorts of stuff to
>>> the engine control computers, so they can test the software before
>>> they actually fly it. The driveshaft to the lift fan is interesting...
>>> 32,000 hp excites all sorts of twists and vibration modes. We make
>>> some tach/overspeed modules too, and we're working on a realtime
>>> torque sensor thing. We're doing thermocouple and RTD simulators too,
>>> for pretty much the same reasons.
>>>
>>> Nowadays planes are just sensors, computers, and actuators, with lots
>>> of software connecting them. So a major development item is coding and
>>> testing the software. "A bug every 10 lines" just won't do here.
>>>
>>> JSF is cool. Single engine, vertical takeoff and land, supersonic
>>> without afterburners. Pratt&Whitney engine.
>>>

>>It's just so tragic that all of that knowledge and technology is applied
>>to killing people. )-;
>
>---
>If it wasn't for all that knowledge and technology you might very
>well be speaking German or Japanese right now, if at all.

He would very likely have never existed.
From: Eeyore on

Jim Thompson wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 02:22:08 +0100, Eeyore
> <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> >Jim Thompson wrote:

> >> Oh, really? I didn't know we'd snagged any Brits pretending to be
> >> terrorists.
> >
> >I guess your media didn't want to let you know. They seemed pretty harmless actually.

> >> Please cite the "rule of law which the USA seems to find convenient to
> >> forget".
> >
> >The ones about torture ?
> >http://web.amnesty.org/library/Index/ENGAMR511202006
> >
> >On 29 June 2006 the US Supreme Court ruled by a 5-3 majority that the structure
> >and procedures of the military commissions as defined under President George W.
> >Bushs Military Order of 13 November 2001 violated US military law and the
> >Geneva Conventions
> >
> >Graham
> >

> But there was NO *torture* found by any investigators or
> Democrat-biased Congressmen.
>
> You prove yet again that you are nothing but a BlatherMouth ;-)
>
> ...Jim Thompson

And you're an apologist for mediaeval methods of 'interrogation'. Why not red-hot irons too
whilst you're at it ? Oh - those would leave marks of course ! The pschological ones are
conveniently not readily visible.

It's really sad to see the USA decay into the role of World Thug.

Graham

From: Michael A. Terrell on
Eeyore wrote:

> John Fields wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 01:59:22 +0100, Eeyore
> > <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:

> > >Some of them *have* been returned to England where they *live* !
> > >
> > >I'm defending the rule of law which the USA seems to find convenient to forget about when
> > >it suits you.
> >
> > ---
> > Extraordinary measures are called for during times of war.
>
> I don't especially disagree with that but the action in Afghanistan wasn't a war. More like a
> Police Action, where laws should be respected.
>
> Graham

Then why didn't you go over there and "Arrest" Bin Laden? You are
confusing a "Police Action" with everyday police actions of directing
traffic and arresting whores.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell