From: Dirk Bruere at NeoPax on
John Fields wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 01:59:22 +0100, Eeyore
> <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>> "Michael A. Terrell" wrote:
>>
>>> Hell, ship them to England and let Eeyore rehabilitate them. That
>>> way he can find out first hand exactly the kind of being he is
>>> defending.
>> Some of them *have* been returned to England where they *live* !
>>
>> I'm defending the rule of law which the USA seems to find convenient to forget about when
>> it suits you.
>
> ---
> Extraordinary measures are called for during times of war.

Right.
The Geneva Conventions are only for peace time.
Gotcha!

Dirk
From: Jim Thompson on
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 02:22:08 +0100, Eeyore
<rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:

>Jim Thompson wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 01:59:22 +0100, Eeyore
>> <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:

>> >Some of them *have* been returned to England where they *live* !
>>
>> Oh, really? I didn't know we'd snagged any Brits pretending to be
>> terrorists.
>
>I guess your media didn't want to let you know. They seemed pretty harmless actually.
>

>> >I'm defending the rule of law which the USA seems to find convenient to forget about when
>> >it suits you.
>> >
>> >Graham
>>
>> Please cite the "rule of law which the USA seems to find convenient to
>> forget".
>
>The ones about torture ?
>http://web.amnesty.org/library/Index/ENGAMR511202006
>
>On 29 June 2006 the US Supreme Court ruled by a 5-3 majority that the structure
>and procedures of the military commissions as defined under President George W.
>Bushs Military Order of 13 November 2001 violated US military law and the
>Geneva Conventions
>
>Graham

But there was NO *torture* found by any investigators or
Democrat-biased Congressmen.

You prove yet again that you are nothing but a BlatherMouth ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

From: John Fields on
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 02:24:13 +0100, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax
<dirk.bruere(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>"Bring em on!"
>Now, where have I heard that one before?

---
From your mother when the fleet sailed in? ;)
---

>And how can Israel militarily defeat an organisation as nebulous as
>Hezbollah? Are they going to kill every Lebanese supporter? From the air?
>
>And what are they going to do when their soldiers are *not* handed back
>unilaterally?

---
Since you don't seem to know, I guess we'll just have to wait and
see, no?

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
From: Jim Thompson on
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 02:25:58 +0100, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax
<dirk.bruere(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Jim Thompson wrote:
>> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 01:59:22 +0100, Eeyore
>> <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Some of them *have* been returned to England where they *live* !
>>
>> Oh, really? I didn't know we'd snagged any Brits pretending to be
>> terrorists.
>>
>>> I'm defending the rule of law which the USA seems to find convenient to forget about when
>>> it suits you.
>>>
>>> Graham
>>
>> Please cite the "rule of law which the USA seems to find convenient to
>> forget".
>
>Various Geneva Conventions, which IIRC your Supreme Court has recently
>called Bush to task for.
>
>Dirk

Wait until we pass a law stating that, when fighting combatants that
don't fight under the Geneva Convention rules, we don't have to either
;-)

...Jim Thompson

From: Jim Thompson on
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 02:24:13 +0100, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax
<dirk.bruere(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Jim Thompson wrote:
[snip]

>> Such heroes they'll be when Israel brings out MOAB ;-)
>
>"Bring em on!"
>Now, where have I heard that one before?
>
>And how can Israel militarily defeat an organisation as nebulous as
>Hezbollah? Are they going to kill every Lebanese supporter? From the air?

Yep.

>And what are they going to do when their soldiers are *not* handed back
>unilaterally?
>
>Dirk

You're naive. They're already dead.

...Jim Thompson