From: Phat Bytestard on
On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 18:40:25 +0100, Fred Abse
<excretatauris(a)cerebrumconfus.it> Gave us:

>On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 17:22:49 +0000, Phat Bytestard wrote:
>
>> OK. If you're so smart... being in Italy... tell me who invented
>> the telephone.
>
>I ain't in Italy. Never been there.
>
>Neither was Antonio Meucci (sp?), whom some credit with the first
>demonstration. I believe he lived in Cuba.

He was from Italy, and MOVED to Cuba.

Nice that you got it right though. And it was not "some credit".
It was his invention, stolen by A.G.Bell and his employers.
Proven by the patent office, and the fully documented conspiracy
within it at the time.

http://www.italianhistorical.org/MeucciStory.htm

You email addy suggested Italy.
From: Jim Thompson on
On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 18:12:50 GMT, Phat Bytestard
<phatbytestard(a)getinmahharddrive.org> wrote:

>On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 18:40:25 +0100, Fred Abse
><excretatauris(a)cerebrumconfus.it> Gave us:
>
>>On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 17:22:49 +0000, Phat Bytestard wrote:
>>
>>> OK. If you're so smart... being in Italy... tell me who invented
>>> the telephone.
>>
>>I ain't in Italy. Never been there.
>>
>>Neither was Antonio Meucci (sp?), whom some credit with the first
>>demonstration. I believe he lived in Cuba.
>
> He was from Italy, and MOVED to Cuba.
>
> Nice that you got it right though. And it was not "some credit".
>It was his invention, stolen by A.G.Bell and his employers.
>Proven by the patent office, and the fully documented conspiracy
>within it at the time.
>
>http://www.italianhistorical.org/MeucciStory.htm
>

> You email addy suggested Italy.

Meucci is even mentioned in "Godfather III" ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

From: tapwater on
Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone. He (and the society that
rewarded him) was the popularizer that did all the real work involved in
putting a telephone in peoples houses. I am a "Meucci", I know a few
"Meucci"s, and none of us are willing to play the game that Bell did. That
game is what it really takes to push a crazy idea into popular use. I will
give Bell ALL the credit for doing what we "Meucci"s could never do. Without
some "Bell", a "Meucci" is useless, and won't even be a web page. Now where
can I find a "Bell" to steal my stuff? Please?

From: John Fields on
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 01:06:41 GMT, <tapwater(a)roomtemperature.deg>
wrote:

>Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone. He (and the society that
>rewarded him) was the popularizer that did all the real work involved in
>putting a telephone in peoples houses. I am a "Meucci", I know a few
>"Meucci"s, and none of us are willing to play the game that Bell did. That
>game is what it really takes to push a crazy idea into popular use. I will
>give Bell ALL the credit for doing what we "Meucci"s could never do. Without
>some "Bell", a "Meucci" is useless, and won't even be a web page. Now where
>can I find a "Bell" to steal my stuff? Please?

---
A Meucci you ain't.

A Bell you ain't.

You have nothing worth stealing.

End of story.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
From: Michael A. Terrell on
John Fields wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 01:06:41 GMT, <tapwater(a)roomtemperature.deg>
> wrote:
>
> >Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone. He (and the society that
> >rewarded him) was the popularizer that did all the real work involved in
> >putting a telephone in peoples houses. I am a "Meucci", I know a few
> >"Meucci"s, and none of us are willing to play the game that Bell did. That
> >game is what it really takes to push a crazy idea into popular use. I will
> >give Bell ALL the credit for doing what we "Meucci"s could never do. Without
> >some "Bell", a "Meucci" is useless, and won't even be a web page. Now where
> >can I find a "Bell" to steal my stuff? Please?
>
> ---
> A Meucci you ain't.
>
> A Bell you ain't.

Well, he is a DING-DONG. :(