From: bill.sloman on

Phat Bytestard wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 13:47:45 GMT, Fred Bloggs <nospam(a)nospam.com> Gave
> us:
>

> >Phat Bytestard wrote:

<snip>

> I am currently working on the world's next
> protector, the Joint Strike Fighter Program. If you had a clue, you
> might have some credibility.

When I was last reading Aviation Week - they did a cheap offer for the
IEEE membership list a few years ago - the F-35 joint strike fighter
was hot news, but all the interesting design would seem to have been
done by now, which makes you some kind of documentation and testing
technician - whence the post on the fascinating problems of tightening
up the nuts on closely spaced SMA connectors.

This is sci.electronics.design. If you were interested in design you
might have noticed that Fred Bloggs does post interesting information
from time to time, along with the critical comments about his
intellectual inferiors.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

From: Phat Bytestard on
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 07:41:37 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
<mike.terrell(a)earthlink.net> Gave us:

> Well, he is a DING-DONG. :(

Tee hee hee... :-] You smile funny.
From: Phat Bytestard on
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:40:16 +1000, Mark Harriss <billy(a)blartco.co.uk>
Gave us:

>I read your posts a bit further down after I made the post: This sort of
>thing does not surprise me at all, just look at what happened to Philo
>Farnsworth and John Atanasoff among others. There seems to be an
>American tendency to try and rewrite history in their favour probably as
>part of corporate PR more than anything else. Telegraph is another
>invention that this happened to as well.

In that case, I think we should turn Tehran into a huge glass dish,
and then deny it. :-]

Then, "admit" it about 50 years later.

Kinda like we did with Kennedy. Except they didn't admit that...
yet.
From: Phat Bytestard on
On 31 Jul 2006 01:45:41 -0700, bill.sloman(a)ieee.org Gave us:

> but all the interesting design would seem to have been
>done by now, which makes you some kind of documentation and testing
>technician -

You aren't real bright, slowman.

First off, your assessment is flawed, as you know nothing about the
state of that system. A finished design for an airframe is only one
system component of a modern jet.

Why do you think there has yet to be any deliveries made?

We have ours, but why do you think the rest are not done and shipped
yet? Do you even know how many models there are?

I am not talking about built airframes on a line either. I want to
know your answer as to why they are not out the door yet.

There are several reasons, the main one of which is the simple fact
that the design is NOT done yet, as you incorrectly stated.
From: Phat Bytestard on
On 31 Jul 2006 01:45:41 -0700, bill.sloman(a)ieee.org Gave us:

>whence the post on the fascinating problems of tightening
>up the nuts on closely spaced SMA connectors.

Any good HF engineer would know how to make such tools, much less
implement them, or expound on the problematic issues of designing a
product using them.

You are lost, Billy.