From: Jim Thompson on
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 02:20:58 +0100, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax
<dirk.bruere(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Jim Thompson wrote:
[snip]

>> See...
>>
>> http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0803/koch_2003_08_27.php3
>
>Your master's voice...
>
>Dirk

Did you bother reading the article, or are you just shooting your
leftist weenie mouth off after seeing the picture of Bush at the
Wailing Wall?

The article, if you bothered to read, is by Ed Koch, a former mayor of
New York City.

I know it's a lot to ask, but read the article and try to think... I
know, it's difficult, but give it a shot ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

From: Phat Bytestard on
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 08:30:42 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> Gave us:

>On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 17:31:37 GMT, Phat Bytestard
><phatbytestard(a)getinmahharddrive.org> wrote:
>

>> Wrong. You're an idiot. I am currently working on the world's next
>>protector, the Joint Strike Fighter Program.
>
>Hey, so am I. They're using my arbs to simulate all sorts of stuff to
>the engine control computers, so they can test the software before
>they actually fly it. The driveshaft to the lift fan is interesting...
>32,000 hp excites all sorts of twists and vibration modes. We make
>some tach/overspeed modules too, and we're working on a realtime
>torque sensor thing. We're doing thermocouple and RTD simulators too,
>for pretty much the same reasons.
>
>Nowadays planes are just sensors, computers, and actuators, with lots
>of software connecting them. So a major development item is coding and
>testing the software. "A bug every 10 lines" just won't do here.
>
>JSF is cool. Single engine, vertical takeoff and land, supersonic
>without afterburners. Pratt&Whitney engine.
>
>John

I am doing the main com simulator. Literally hundreds of channels.
Likely all your transducers included as well, if they are part of the
plane as opposed to your test setup. All those signals have to have
phase synchro too. Millions of dollars for one sim set. Several racks
full. Hundreds of lines.

Quite a departure from the non co-communicating, disconnected
airframes of the past.

Not all of the models are VTOL, BTW.
From: John Fields on
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 02:28:29 +0100, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax
<dirk.bruere(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>John Fields wrote:
>> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 01:57:57 +0100, Eeyore

>Of course you will - Israel will demand it and you will obey.

---
Israel will ask for what they need and we'll be happy to help them.
They are our friends and we'll support them in any way we can.

Whether you find that arrangement something you agree with or not is
immaterial since your opinion is irrelevant and you're powerless to
do anything about it.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
From: Phat Bytestard on
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 08:32:56 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> Gave us:

>On 31 Jul 2006 07:42:26 -0700, bill.sloman(a)ieee.org wrote:
>

>>John Larkin wrote:

>>> Fred and Bill aren't stupid, they're just nasty. And it's a twisted
>>> irony that even nasty people need friends.
>>
>>And precisely who around here is nice?
>>
>>Spehro Pefhany probably qualifies. Win Hill is mostly okay, but has
>>been known to succumb to provocation. Tony Williams does seem to be
>>utterly resistant to provocation, as do most the U.K. contingent, but
>>that may be social conditioning, rather than intrinsic good character.
>
>I practise differential niceness.

Is that a "Yin Yang" thing? :-]
From: Eeyore on

Jim Thompson wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 02:09:35 +0100, Eeyore
> <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> >"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:
> >
> [snip]
> >>
> >> More proof that you are insane. :(
> >
> >More proof that you're two-faced.
> >
> >If a well-regulated militia is good for America why shouldn't it be good elsewhere ?
> >
> >Graham
>
> Show us the "well-regulated". They're thugs.
>
> ...Jim Thompson

They're far better regulated than your backwoods hicks.

In any case didn't J.L. say regulated meant armed in this context ?

Graham