From: Michael A. Terrell on
Eeyore wrote:

> John Larkin wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 01:06:46 +0100, Eeyore
> > <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:

> > >It would be nice if the USA which likes to tout itself as a civilised example to
> > >the rest of the world could obey the Geneva Convention wouldn't it ?
> > >
> > >Graham
> >
> > I guess the question is whether terrorists are military combatants,
> > which they need to be in order to be covered by Geneva. There are some
> > formal definitions, that include rank and uniforms and stuff. Solders
> > are given protections that, for example, spies and saboteurs and
> > criminals aren't.
>
> Guantanamo was established for combatants from Afghanistan which the USA had no
> jurisdiction to operate in anyway !
>
> Indeed the prisoners might be considered more in the vein of your cherished
> 'militias' ! Classic case of one rule for the USA another rule for the ROTW.
>
> Hezbollah is a militia too of course too. You Americans should *support* it !
>
> Graham

More proof that you are insane. :(

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
From: Eeyore on

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

> Hell, ship them to England and let Eeyore rehabilitate them. That
> way he can find out first hand exactly the kind of being he is
> defending.

Some of them *have* been returned to England where they *live* !

I'm defending the rule of law which the USA seems to find convenient to forget about when
it suits you.

Graham

From: John Larkin on
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 01:50:41 +0100, Eeyore
<rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:

>John Larkin wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 01:06:46 +0100, Eeyore
>> <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:

>> >It would be nice if the USA which likes to tout itself as a civilised example to
>> >the rest of the world could obey the Geneva Convention wouldn't it ?
>> >
>> >Graham
>>
>> I guess the question is whether terrorists are military combatants,
>> which they need to be in order to be covered by Geneva. There are some
>> formal definitions, that include rank and uniforms and stuff. Solders
>> are given protections that, for example, spies and saboteurs and
>> criminals aren't.
>
>Guantanamo was established for combatants from Afghanistan which the USA had no
>jurisdiction to operate in anyway !

Jurisdiction? What could that possibly mean?

>Indeed the prisoners might be considered more in the vein of your cherished
>'militias' ! Classic case of one rule for the USA another rule for the ROTW.
>
>Hezbollah is a militia too of course too. You Americans should *support* it !

I thought the subject here was Geneva Convention coverage. Whether we
support militias or folk dancers or Girl Scouts is a separate issue.

John

From: Eeyore on

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

> Eeyore wrote:
> >
> > John Larkin wrote:

> > > I guess the question is whether terrorists are military combatants,
> > > which they need to be in order to be covered by Geneva. There are some
> > > formal definitions, that include rank and uniforms and stuff. Solders
> > > are given protections that, for example, spies and saboteurs and
> > > criminals aren't.
> >
> > Guantanamo was established for combatants from Afghanistan which the USA had no
> > jurisdiction to operate in anyway !
> >
> > Indeed the prisoners might be considered more in the vein of your cherished
> > 'militias' ! Classic case of one rule for the USA another rule for the ROTW.
> >
> > Hezbollah is a militia too of course too. You Americans should *support* it !
> >
> > Graham
>
> More proof that you are insane. :(

More proof that you're two-faced.

If a well-regulated militia is good for America why shouldn't it be good elsewhere ?

Graham

From: Jim Thompson on
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 01:59:22 +0100, Eeyore
<rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:
>
>> Hell, ship them to England and let Eeyore rehabilitate them. That
>> way he can find out first hand exactly the kind of being he is
>> defending.
>
>Some of them *have* been returned to England where they *live* !

Oh, really? I didn't know we'd snagged any Brits pretending to be
terrorists.

>I'm defending the rule of law which the USA seems to find convenient to forget about when
>it suits you.
>
>Graham

Please cite the "rule of law which the USA seems to find convenient to
forget".

I think you should change your nom de plume (or is it nom de guerre)
to "BlatherMouth"

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |