First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Impersonation without passing username and password.
I have a service running on a server that gives users access to a database through remoting services. My supervisor wants the server that the service starts to access the database with the user credentials of the user making the request. I'm thinking that this will have to be done though some kind of impersonat... 14 May 2010 03:01
Application startup time too long
Hi I had a winform db app in fw 1.1 which loaded pretty quickly. I have rewritten same app in fw 3.65 but it takes a long time to load. The splash screen comes quick but then it stays there for ever before the main form is loaded. How can I improve the start-up? The app uses application framework. Thanks ... 14 May 2010 03:01
Chars and str.toCharArray
When is it best to convert a string into a character array? I just need to process some strings but I am concerned and confused by the multi-language UTF stuff and the inability to use "IF c1=c2" to compare chars. Thanks. ... 13 May 2010 22:41
Binary files?
In vb.net express 2008 what are the best methods for reading a binary file? I am doing something wrong with BinaryReader() because I get an exception a short distance into the file. Thanks. ... 14 May 2010 12:50
tab stops.. moving to the next control using code...
I have a number of controls on my form, set with tabindexs and tabstop set to true. My application runs on a touch screen, and I want the focus to move from one control to the other when the user pushed a button. Is there a way to move the focus to the next control based on its tabstop being the next highes... 13 May 2010 11:37
How to Lock VBProject Programmatically without SendKeys (Note:- I don't want to Unlock or crack the VBProject. Just want to Lock it Programmatically)
Hi all, I got macro in which I can Lock VBProject with SendKeys. But problem with SendKeys that they not work on every User's Computer and Users can see all the hard work which I put to create my macros. I tried to search for the sultion but I came across with the comments that its not available because of the se... 13 May 2010 06:07
give the user the ability to enhance/modify a report
I have an vb.net 2008 winforms application that I have build which has some reports (ms reports not crystal) included. I assume that these reports are compiled into my application so when they end user installs my application there is nothing they can do with them. I want to be able to have the ability for th... 12 May 2010 11:23
How get path after application published
Hi all, I am using Visual Basic 2008. The below macro works fine when i do test check of my application. But once i click on publish application and i get setup file and then when i install the application and run open it, i cant see image in webBrowser. Can please any friend know how to get installed applicatio... 12 May 2010 09:09
connection status "suspended"
I am using SQL 2005. Starting from today, when I do sp_who, every few minutes I see a new connection to the database and the status is "suspended". This new connection comes from the same VB.NET program that inserts data to the database. After a while, the program will get the error "Timeout expired. The timeou... 12 May 2010 04:49
Reading database timed out
Today, I did an UPDATE statement on SQL Server Management Studio on a few records. Now, from a VB.NET program when I tried to get those records that I updated, when I go thru the datareader, when it gets around those records that I updated, it timed out. Even though getting the same query thru SQL Server Manage... 12 May 2010 04:49