First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Dockable windows
They are called appbars. You could use a component such as ShellAppbar for this. From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/38_2004_7_0_0_242506/Dockable-windows.htm Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups http://www.developmentnow.com/g/ ... 21 May 2010 01:56
Problems with ReportViewer and RDLC
Hello, I have an ASP.NET application that contains reports. I am not allowed to use Crystal, so I decided to use .NET's reporting tool. My problem is that the report viewer does not show in the browser, neither I am receiving any error messages. Below is the code. Any help will be really appreciated. Th... 20 May 2010 19:26
How can I manually add rows to datagridview.
Hello. What is the elegant way to add rows to datagridview that is bounded to bindingSource object. (Only manually. I need sample code, please). Thanks :) ... 23 May 2010 07:04
Get DTS datapump source columns
Hello, Using VB.NET 2008 Express edition. Added a reference to DTS Package Object Library (DTS.dll) I am having no trouble looping through tasks and steps. However, when I come across datapumps, I have a need to get the source column names, but cannot figure out how to access them. They do not appear to be... 25 May 2010 22:22
How to Generate an Accurate Timer Tick
I asked a question related to this a little while ago, and thought that I'd got my answer, but it has come back to bite me again. I currently use a System.Threading.Timer to generate a tick every 10 seconds. At each tick, I execute some code that will take a maximum of 5 seconds to complete. Most of the time, ... 25 May 2010 14:40
Porting ASP.NET/SQL Server to JAVA/Oracle
Our clients are happy with our ASP.NET/SQL Server app, but one of their divisions has a preferred technology of JAVA/Oracle and has asked us to do a port. Anyone got any pointers about hints, tips, tricks and gotchas? It's a Customer Query system, if that helps. Thanks Edward ... 21 May 2010 18:23
Trying to Open IE from Firefox
I'm pretty sure the answer will be "no," but I'll ask anyway. I'm new to this so please bare with me if I don't use great terminology. I have a Web based application written in Visual Studio.net 2005 using visual basic. It works well in newer versions of IE, but is problematic with Firefox and some of the... 21 May 2010 01:56
trying to add database control to silverlight vb project
hi I downloaded microsoft visual developer 2010 and created a silverlight vb project. I am able to use Tool -> Connect to database, and see my tables. When I try to add a new data source I only see two types object and service. I dont see SqlDataSource or GridView controls. How do I connect to a database in Visual ... 19 May 2010 16:03
Installing Visual Studio Express 2010 and SQL Express R2
Hi, I tried to install Visual Studio Express 2010 (VB, C#, C++, and Web Develloper), and in the installation it need to install SQL EXPRESS (x64), but it always end up with that it is unable to install SQL EXPRESS So I downloaded the installation from the EXPRESS website, for both x86 and x64, and neither c... 17 May 2010 22:24
higher security settings in Windows 7
Hello, My application (visual studio 2008, visual basic) writes out a few files when it runs. On Windows 7, it fails at startup, apparently because access is denied to write these files. It also creates databases while it runs. How do I get around this security problem. I'm sure many programs need to wr... 21 May 2010 19:28