First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
What's the alternative to XmlDataDocument?
I just discovered XmlDataDocument today, which is the perfect solution to my problem, but I've just realised that it is obsolete. So what's its replacement? I wish to access an XML file both via XPath and DataSets. What options do I have? ... 3 May 2010 14:16
copy my vb project... is it as easy as copying the directory..
Hi, I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the idea is i can play around with one, and not effect the original.. is it as easy as just using file explorer to copy the directory from say c:\project1 to c:\project2... or do the project files like forms etc have paths in them and ... 3 May 2010 09:50
Convert XML schema to DataSet in VB Express 2008?
I am using VB Express 2008, and I wish to use XMLDataDocument. 1. I have my data in XML format (.xml) 2. I have created a matching schema file, using the "Create Schema" function of VB Express 2008 (.xsd) How do I create a DataSet, at design time, from this schema? I believe I can do it easily at runtime, bu... 3 May 2010 04:27
Manually add rows. Problem with AllowUserToAddRows
Hello. I want that only manually I can add rows to DataGridView. (But only in code). What I do, is : AllowUserToAddRows = false with most of the times. When I click to add rows, I do : Dim dr as datarow Dim dc As DataGridViewCell AllowUserToAddRows dr = MyDataTable.newRow() dc = Rows(Rows.Count - 1)... 3 May 2010 01:14
Imports System.Xml In VS 2010
OK, I tried the web forums, but since the real gurus hang out here... This has to be me, but I'm stumped :-( I'm setting up a simple XML read-write demo (VB Winforms) in Visual Studio 2010 Premium (tried in both the RC and RTM) and added: Imports System.Xml Result: Error Namespace or type doesn't contain ... 2 May 2010 16:29
SMTP Mail Problem
I am attempting to send an SMTP mail from my VB.NET program using the code below. The code compiles and runs fine executes with no errors, but I am sending to one of my alternate addresses and the e- mail is not arriving. I was thinking that if there was something fundamentally wrong with my host s... 2 May 2010 20:53
Select manually a row of dataGridView.
Hello. How can I manually select a row of a dataGridView. The dataGridView is connected to a bindingSource, and the row is added by : Dim dr As DataRow dr = MyDataTable.NewRow() Rows(Rows.Count - 1).Selected = True ' is that correct ? I mean that the new row, should be the current row. ... 1 May 2010 18:43
VB.net
Hello: I work in Finance and have heard that VB.net is a very useful tool for building financial models. Would anyone have an opinion? I am looking for information related to the value of VB.net in Finance. Thanks -- Mark ... 1 May 2010 10:57
Re-using a filestream in a loop
I want to make a loop to read data from a succession of binary files (filepaths of the files are in a string array). If I create a new filestream and from that a new binary reader before the start of the loop how can I redefine the filestream to look at a different file each time I go through the loop? Grat... 30 Apr 2010 11:44
Lots of ActiveX COM Controls are missing in "Choose Items" ?
Hi, I currently have VB 2005 Express on my old Vista PC installed. The problem is, though i have lots of ActiveX controls registered on the system, i can only see "Microsoft Office Outlook" controls in Toolbox- Choose Items->COM Components. Lots of COM ActiveX controls are missing. (such as Windows Media Player... 12 May 2010 06:58