First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
VB Express
I haven't tinkered with VB for a while, the latest version I had/have is VB4. I have now upgraded to Windows 7 and looking for something that I can manage without a lot of re-training. I downloaded VB Express. Is this a totally free version or is it a Trial version? I only have a couple programs from VB4 th... 10 Mar 2010 05:19
What is the proper app destination in Windows 7 64 bit ?
Hello, I just encountered that problem in Windows 7 64 bit although Windows 7 32 bit does not have that problem. User (?) installed my application in c:\Program Files(86) folder. My app creates subfolders to App.Path during normal program operation. Despite user being the administrator the subfolder ... 5 Mar 2010 00:45
Error 20533 (unable to open Database) in Crystal Reports
I am using VB5 with Crystal Reports 3.0 on Win XP computers. This problem occurs on network computers only!! After adding a new database to an existing Envelope Report, I get error 20533 (Unable to open database) on network computers but not on the computer on which the actual reportfile and database reside.... 5 Mar 2010 11:42
disable mdi form resize
Hello, How can I set the MDI form so that the user can not resize its dimension (height, width) using mouse ? Thanks john s *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ... 5 Mar 2010 13:58
Correct Way To Wait
I have seen this talked about but still not sure which is the correct way to do this. Either way below seems to work. A form is opened for the user to click on something. The form is modless. It cannot be modal. I want other events in the app (timer driven) and outside the app to have max process time whil... 4 Mar 2010 13:32
Debugging Tricks : Going Blank
Over the last months/years, I've been shown some simple approaches to debugging here for which I'm grateful. But for the life of me, I can't recall some of them and my scraps of paper they were written on is buried deep amonst my many piled books and papers. So I'm putting a notebook together once and for all ... 11 Mar 2010 05:39
Redirection
Hi All. I'm looking for a little function: Pass a string, return a string. A VB6 app wants to write a file, The users chosen path is 'C:\FileName.ext'. The app 'appears' to do this but actually writes to file to a completely different path, something like 'C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore' This i... 4 Mar 2010 04:31
VB6 With/End With - how to pass the object itself?
Suppose I have: Sub AnyProc (cbo as ComboBox) MsgBox cbo.Name End Sub With Combo1 AnyProc ? End With How can I refer to the object itself to pass to AnyProc? What I need is a .Self property! MM ... 8 Mar 2010 18:43
Graphic Draw Question
I use a picturebox to draw lines and such within. I would like to plot some arrows on this picturebox. Two kinds. A small blue UP arrow, and a small red DOWN arrow, at various spots on this picturebox. What is the best way to do this? Should I create my two arrow pictures and save as a bitmap or something... 4 Mar 2010 03:26
Creating Reg-Free DLL situation
Greetings! I'm in the process of learning about Reg-Free COM. At the MSDN website (link below), I was able to successfully follow along with the examples up to Step 7. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms973913.aspx In Step 7, however, there is some code and discussion about GUID values and placehol... 2 Mar 2010 15:50