First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
Type question
I have always wondered (but never bothered to ask) why it doesn't seem like "DateTime" is a native .NET type. I mean, you can write code like: Dim myDate as DateTime ....but when you get to the DateTime part, the type doesn't show up in the intellisense, and you always have to hit Esc to avoid it being rep... 3 Nov 2009 13:47
datagridview problem
I am trying to import a textfile into datagridview using oledbconnection. Dim MyConnection As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection Dim DtSet As System.Data.DataSet Dim MyCommand As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter MyConnection = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection ("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data sour... 4 Nov 2009 23:03
How to Make a .NET Timer Always Fire at the Right Time
This is a follow up to an earlier post, about a Threading.Timer that occasionally fired at odd times. In that case I discovered that low memory meant that the machine 'froze' intermittently and a timer callback could fire after 30 seconds instead of every 10 seconds as intended. I now find that if the machine ... 8 Nov 2009 15:13
How can I read selected text in another application, by vb program?
How can I read selected text in another application, by vb program? I want read from vb program same text selected (for example by mouse) in another application (for example IE, or Word ). I want to have this text in any string variable, or in any file. I don't know how many IE or Words or another applications ... 4 Nov 2009 17:32
System.IO.File.Exists in Windows 7
My VB 2008 application uses System.IO.File.Exists method. On XP there is no problem with accessing file located on the server. On Windows 7 the file is not found. The same problem with file_reader = New System.IO.StreamReader(strSourse & "\InitialData.txt") where strSource is the string containing the path to t... 3 Nov 2009 10:24
Speed issue creating Excel spreadsheet
I developed a program in VB 2008 that takes a flat text file with 10 column and several rows (Around 1000 now but it could get much larger). All 1000 go onto tab 1, from there based on a value in a cell the record is also written to another tab. There are around 5 other tabs. My program goes real slow, can ta... 4 Nov 2009 19:46
vb.net and sql reporting services report
Hi, I build a report in sql reporting servivces and I can see the report on the report viewer in my vb.net application, so i know its working ok. At the moment the report shows all records, but i want to be able to set in my vb.net application to only show reports that are, for exampe order number 1. How... 29 Oct 2009 09:51
ftp in vb.net
Hello, Somebody here a while ago give me this class from msdn for FTP Public Class clsFTP I loop thru 4 different accounts from my ftp and get all the files but I the same time I deleted the files. All the time I was dealing with small amount of files without any issue until today that I have to get couple th... 30 Oct 2009 17:47
Structure ?
Hi I am trying to "map" a string into many fixed length fields so I don't have to use substr repetively. I thought I could use Structure, but it does not allow fix length field. Can you suggest a way to do this sort of thing ? ... 1 Nov 2009 20:59
Hashtable or Datatable?
Hi all. I used Hashtable to store data loaded from Access (the db can contain from 1000 till 100000 records), and that worked very well, because of fast data retrieving from Hashtable using key. The main problem with Hashtable is sorting. I have to convert all the Hashtable to array list or smth, sort it with th... 28 Oct 2009 17:24