First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Terminal Service per device CAL question
We have a Terminal Service server, w2k3 sp1 (I know we should upgrade to sp2) and we have installed 12 + 6 2003 TS per device CALs, a total of 18. Now we can see in the TS license manager that 15 of them are used, 3 should be available or at least in 90 days !? But it says that none are available and when we ... 18 Mar 2010 13:01
I'm inheriting a botched config. Sanity check on my plan of action
The configuration is as follows.. (you'll love this) People are using Sunray 270's as thinclient connections into a correctly configured Load Balanced pair of 2K8 R2 RDS servers. About 20-22 clients per server, running general Office 2K7 apps, including Visio. Those two servers have enough CPU/Memory to ha... 10 Mar 2010 14:14
Users cannot change password Win2k8 TS
I am also having this problem. We are running 2k8 Terminal Servers on a 2k8 domain. Users are connecting from a variety of Wyse/Neoware thin clients as well as Windows 2000 and XP machines. All devices are behaving the same way. The problem begins when users let their passwords expire and then try to ch... 10 Mar 2010 14:14
2008 R2: Add shortcuts to Taskbar for multiple users?
Hi, I'm trying to figure out whether it is possible to pin shortcuts to the taskbar of multiple users. As far as I understand the shortcuts on the Taskbar/Superbar are placed here: AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar However, when adding shortcuts to the folder ... 10 Mar 2010 16:28
RemoteAPP client disconnects within a matter of minutes. (win2k8TS)
I'm having an odd problem with Windows 2008 TS, and remote applications specifically. The situation is as follows: TS idle timeout is disabled via GPO TS terminating disconnected sessions after 1hr (via GPO) My users can log on to the Terminal server, and get a full desktop, OR via rdp files that give a... 10 Mar 2010 05:19
Terminal Server licensing of Visio 2007 in load balanced mode
We have a load-balanced pair of Windows Server 2008 R2 servers running the Remote Desktop Services (formerly Terminal Server), which works to our expectations in that regard. My question is that if we install Visio 2007 I know we require Volume License Keys, but is the volume license aware of the load balanced... 13 Mar 2010 09:45
Win 2003 SP2 TS license availability
I have a Windows 2003 SP2 domain controller that is being used as the Terminal Server Licensing server for a member Windows 2003 Terminal server. Recently, I added 9 RDP per device CALS and everything worked fine. Then, we needed to add 3 more and when I attempted this, there was an error communicating with t... 13 Mar 2010 09:45
Why does exiting "server management" exit my session?
Hi All, I have never seen this weird behavior before. I have a customer with a SBS2003 Terminal Server. In start up, it has an icon for "server management" (server server management, not Terminal Services Management). Okay, no problem. I have seen this before. But, on this particular server, when you exit ... 5 Mar 2010 16:15
Installation by device question - urgent !!!
Hi!. I have installed Win Server 2003 Std, and when asked about the Terminal Services i have choosen "By Device". Later i have activated my 5 CAL, but only two persons can connect, the third is not allowed. How can i fix this? Is there a way to roll back the "By Device" to "By user". Thanks any way! ... 8 Mar 2010 04:16
How to make Terminal Server session more reliable?
My company has several remote offices that need to run a company application via a Terminal Server session on the server back at the Main Office. They have this application up and running all day, as basically it is used for all company counter sales, etc. One of our locations relies on a wireless ISP connect... 21 Mar 2010 23:16